Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0101 "Spirited Serpent Tavern"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: SoluthisClaimsMapsArea01_575.jpg]

[blockquote]"Venim's Hold" is centered around a lively tavern operated by the powerful and influential Venim family.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 07
Model Nickname: Tavern
Northmarker Rotation: 43.4411
Neighbourhood: Venim's Hold

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
- Confused about claim codes used in this thread?
I could make this building. If you give me this claim I'd also like Soluthis0102 for a publican's residence.
Yes of course, go right ahead :goodjob:
I read this rule in this thread, and had a question:

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
---[/HR]
:alert:
From now onwards it's not allowed to add multiple interiors to one esp.
Why? I had to recheck all the related threads and link these to the final esp file. Further I had to separate the Soluthis0603 from the other interiors.
Time consuming work.
What's the preferred method of submitting interiors when one depends on another? (for example, somebody lives in one building and works in the other)

Since (if I understand correctly) you can't have one esp modify another, it wouldn't be possible to do this with two separate files. Should I just submit the empty tavern alone and then, once it's been reviewed and put into the esm, make the house with the NPC and AI in it?
Quote:Originally posted by Nakanja
I read this rule in this thread, and had a question:

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
---[/HR]
:alert:
From now onwards it's not allowed to add multiple interiors to one esp.
Why? I had to recheck all the related threads and link these to the final esp file. Further I had to separate the Soluthis0603 from the other interiors.
Time consuming work.
What's the preferred method of submitting interiors when one depends on another? (for example, somebody lives in one building and works in the other)

Since (if I understand correctly) you can't have one esp modify another, it wouldn't be possible to do this with two separate files. Should I just submit the empty tavern alone and then, once it's been reviewed and put into the esm, make the house with the NPC and AI in it?
This was related to multiple interiors (most of them had no relation to each other) that weren't finished together (a different time span).

If you submit two related interiors in one esp (finished together), I have no problem with that. So, please go ahead. Smile
Post your comments and files in this thread.
Alright, that makes it easier. Only one of the interiors is done right now, so expect an update with both around Wednesday/Thursday.
Alright, that makes it easier. Only one of the interiors is done right now, so expect an update with both around Wednesday/Thursday.

Perfect and thanks for the update. Smile
Okay, I'm going to upload this now; there is one bug that I need help with. I can't get the exit door of the tavern to work: the player can't target it in order to leave. It's linked with the outside door, you can *enter* the tavern, NPCs seem able to use it just fine, the player just can't get out. I've tried deleting, replacing it, and moving it and it comes out the same, and its the same door used all over the place so I don't get it.

Aside from being a deathtrap for the player, its done. Although in order to fulfill it's description as a "lively tavern" people that do nearby claims would have to remember to give people an AI package to make them come over there sometimes.

Since it was mentioned that it was operated by the Venim family, I put in a private room for Venim family people. I figured the Venims (I assume that the nearby manor is meant to be their place?) could use that to meet with the player if someone were planning quests involving them and wanted to make use of it. Or they could just drink a lot of beer there.

The face count was getting high so I stopped adding stuff to the tavern. Let me know if it's too high.

edit ~ deleted attachment
Okay, I'm going to upload this now; there is one bug that I need help with. I can't get the exit door of the tavern to work: the player can't target it in order to leave. It's linked with the outside door, you can *enter* the tavern, NPCs seem able to use it just fine, the player just can't get out. I've tried deleting, replacing it, and moving it and it comes out the same, and its the same door used all over the place so I don't get it.

Don't worry, that's my fault. I'm so sorry you had to go trough all that Sad

Basically I learned a valuable lesson about collision meshes rather late. Turns out they have to be solid, without open borders, otherwise the collision 'bleeds'. The collision works fine, which is why it took so long for me to realize where the problem lie, except the bleeding interferes with collision boxes nearby. In this case the collision of the house gets in front of the collision for the door, so the player can't activate it, because the game thinks the mouse pointer is pointing at the wall of the building.

I'll start working on a fix immediately. Again, I'm terribly sorry Sad

Aside from being a deathtrap for the player, its done. Although in order to fulfill it's description as a "lively tavern" people that do nearby claims would have to remember to give people an AI package to make them come over there sometimes.

Since it was mentioned that it was operated by the Venim family, I put in a private room for Venim family people. I figured the Venims (I assume that the nearby manor is meant to be their place?) could use that to meet with the player if someone were planning quests involving them and wanted to make use of it. Or they could just drink a lot of beer there.

Good thinking :goodjob:
Thanks for posting the file.

I like the idea for the private room for the Venim family people. Smile

I'll post the review tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2