Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0106 "MT Guildmaster's House" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: SoluthisClaimsMapsArea01_575.jpg]

[blockquote]"Venim's Hold" is centered around a lively tavern operated by the powerful and influential Venim family.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 04
Model Nickname: Manor
Northmarker Rotation: 4.0906
Neighbourhood: Venim's Hold

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
- Confused about claim codes used in this thread?
Ok, i'd like to claim this as the house of the guildmaster of the Morag Tong. Didn't seem like there were any plans for it. If this has other plans (hope you didn't want to use it for the venim family!) or if you can think of a better mansion to put him, just let me know.

Also, what's a good facecount for a mansion?
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ok, i'd like to claim this as the house of the guildmaster of the Morag Tong. Didn't seem like there were any plans for it. If this has other plans (hope you didn't want to use it for the venim family!) or if you can think of a better mansion to put him, just let me know.

Also, what's a good facecount for a mansion?

Go right ahead. :goodjob:

There should be a meaty basement of one or two levels to a mansion of this nature in my opinion. Some mansions can just be lavish homes and might not need basements at all, but a guildmaster would probably have considerable personal wealth and so would have a more lavish and spacious home.

Each basement level can be it's own interior cell if needed, totalling three interior cells for the whole claim. An interior cell can have about 400,000 - 500,000 faces, but I don't see filling up that facecount as a goal in itself. As long as there's enough details around for it to look interesting I have no complaints Smile
Do we have an appropriate shrine of mephala that i can stick in here? There's the vanilla OB one, but it's a tad large, and more made for the exterior. Not very dunmerish. If there's no shrine, you could put it on the modelling work list? Anyways i'll get to work on this!

I've started work on the layout, and it's a bit tricky. the interior redoran door doesn't fit nicely in the door slots. The side is bleeding a bit.

How should i do the layout do you think? The corridors don't seem to fit nicely with the door slot either, so i'm guessing the best thing to do is have a load door going to a basement.

Edit 2007.05.11 02:09
Ok, now i'm not quite done with this yet, but how should this be reviewed? It's a decent sized manor, and has enough polys for about 3 houses, even though it isn't extravagently large.

There are two interiors; the entrance/dining room, and the bedroom/shrine

Do you think it would be a good idea to break the review down into one interior cell at a time? It'd take quicker to review, be easier to fix, and i'm basically done with the bedroom/shrine part.
Do you think it would be a good idea to break the review down into one interior cell at a time? It'd take quicker to review, be easier to fix, and i'm basically done with the bedroom/shrine part.
That's not a problem, make sure the bedroom/shrine is finished before you post it for a review.
Ok, i'm still waiting on a few models and things i want done for this, so it's not done, but i just wanted to know: This guy is rich, like amazingly rich beyond belief. So i figured i'd give him a sword collection. My question is how hard does it need to be to get into a collection of 6 daedric swords (3 for display and 3 for use) Ebony short and dagger, elven short and dagger?

I KNOW that anyone who gets ahold of these will suddenly have a LOT of money, so i wanted to check exactly how hard it needs to be. I was thinking this: Have a key on the guildmaster's body. This opens a chest in the foyer of the guildhall (where there should always be someone stationed), that contains his housekey. Once in the house, there is a very hard chest hidden, that contains the keys to 3 of the daedric swords (dagger, short, and long), and the other 2 display cases. The other 3 swords are in his personal shrine, and i'm thinking of something special for that... like deadly traps or something.

Do you think that's enough precaution against unbalancing? This guy's at least lvl 30 i'm thinking, and i'll see if i can make it so that if he finds you tresspassing he'll just kill you.

If you want, i could make the case for the daedric longsword be only very hard, but if you activate it without a key it will be instant death from traps.

Just wanted to know how hard it needs to be to get into this stuff. He's VERY rich, and consequently should have a TON of stuff, that is VERY well protected. Need to set up keys you know?

Edit 2007.05.12 19:14
So is it too much loot? Do I need to protect it better? I may get rid of 3 of the daedric swords, provided I can find something more suited to an assassin.

Also, I'm waiting on VABG's MT armor for the basement. Should i just wait until he's done? or can i just leave it out for now and add it in later?

The armor will also have to be added to the 2 NPCs already at the guild, the 2 NPCs from houses, and the as of yet uncreated guildmaster and last NPC.
I may get rid of 3 of the daedric swords....
I think that's a good idea.
The protection through "the key system" is fine.

Also, i'm waiting on VABG's MT armor for the basement. Should I just wait until he's done? or can I just leave it out for now and add it in later?

The armor will also have to be added to the 2 NPCs already at the guild, the 2 NPCs from houses, and the as of yet uncreated guildmaster and last NPC.
Use a placeholder and replace the armor later on.
Ok, i'm leaving in the 3 swords i mentioned. They will be placeholders, because i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that someone responds to my plea and makes special morag tong weapons.

Using leather armor as a placeholder for the MT armor, and i have the guildmaster with rudimentary AI (just a sleep package) set up.

I've got nothing to gauge this manor by (i'm a horrible judge of my own stuff) so if you think right off the bat that there isn't enough clutter, ect just tell me.

The basement is what i'm submitting, because i don't think there's much more i can do with it. Everything's been locked, pathgrided, ect.

You could also take a look at the first floor and give an opinion on what needs to be done, cause i'm not sure if it needs more clutter, or should stay relatively simple. I just don't want to submit it for review cause i'm not 100% confident it's what's needed.

This is all trial and error, so it might need more reviews than the other houses.

And one other note. I didn't attatch an owner to the house, which is because i want it to belong to the current guildmaster of the morag tong. That way, it can be transferred to the player once he reaches guildmaster. Obviously, i can't put my npc (Velthas) as the guildmaster until merged.
And one other note. I didn't attatch an owner to the house, which is because I want it to belong to the current guildmaster of the morag tong. That way, it can be transferred to the player once he reaches guildmaster. Obviously, I can't put my npc (Velthas) as the guildmaster until merged.
Noted.
Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA

- Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

- For the location: Don't use "in cell". It can produce unexpected behavior.

- Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

- Add a wander package type: Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package, for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

The Groundfloor

Beef Re

The Basement

StFurnRedoranBed01L, the silhouette is bleeding.

Pathgrid

Make sure every sh has a th.

NPC & AI

As you've said the guildmaster has only a sleep package. You should add more packages, make him eat, read, go outside for example.

I'm not certain if you know how to give a NPC AI. If not, you can find all the info you need here. (Scroll down to find more information concerning the AI)

Dialogue

You should make some dialogue for the NPC. Add at least two greetings and some topics.
Add a GetIsPlayableRace condition (==1) to the the quest data tab.
Set the priority to 6.

General Remarks.

The entrance hall appears empty, but since it's the Morag Tong I think that's allright. You could make it a bit more sinister by replacing the candlesticks with a fake version and add some green lights for example.

You could add some tapestries in the corridors of the basement, they appear very empty.

The side-room and the room in the basement contain enough clutter. Smile

black[/hr]

EDIT: Sandor told me you'll finish the AI and the Dialogues trough the Morag Tong Guildhall cell and that you only have to make a basic version of the NPC. So you can forget wat I said about the NPC, AI and the Dialogue.
Pages: 1 2