Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0415 "Home" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Area07_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]'Bold visionary, artisan, poet, master architect of Soluthis' - thus reads the plaque honoring Kali Gulas, one of the city's founders and reknowned historical figure in Redoran culture. Today, "Kali Gulas Square" is a quaint neighbourhood in a bustling city, but back when the man built his house (#05) there was nothing but rocks and trees as far as the eye could see. His descendants still live in their forefathers homestead, tending to the park.[/blockquote]

House type: Oval Home
Claim size: Small
Neighbourhood: Watergaze Falls

"Home" is exactly that: A home for an NPC, which you will need to mod as well.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis0415, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
May I do this one instead.
As it looks like 518 has already been completed.

I have sketched out a general concept for the NPC. She is a Alchemist who does not go outside very often for fear of being caught by House Hlauu, who acused her of spying when she resided in Silgrad City many years early. Maybe I will do a Silgrad City claim with her belongings still lying in the attic untouched from before she fled Hlauu territory.

What do you think?
As for her house, its practically pileds of Alchemical ingredients and foodstuffs. Her living area (I added a Basement) is mostly a storage and brewing area. While the entrance level is where she conducts her alchemy among other activities.
Sounds good.

Have fun! Smile
A few questions.
1. If I want my NPC to be innocent, do I make her a member of both STSRGenericDialforST and STSRGenericDialforSTInnocent, or just the latter.
2. Do I give her one levelled food item. Or do I have to do something different.
3. When I give her the Generic Dialog factions she just says vanilla OB rumors. Is the dialog WIP or something.
Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
A few questions.
1. If I want my NPC to be innocent, do I make her a member of both STSRGenericDialforST and STSRGenericDialforSTInnocent, or just the latter.
2. Do I give her one levelled food item. Or do I have to do something different.
3. When I give her the Generic Dialog factions she just says vanilla OB rumors. Is the dialog WIP or something.
  1. Both, check this post for more info.
  2. One.
  3. If you add the STSRGenericDialforST faction the OB rumors are disabled. Except for KotN. It requires a change of the esp, however it's just one line. I didn't disable the SI Generic dialogue, it's on my to do list. The ST rumor system is WiP.
Okay cool beans, Smile

Amost there, just need to tweak the AI and polish the dialog.
Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan

Amost there, just need to tweak the AI and polish the dialog.
Great. Smile
Done,
Thanks, I'll review this claim after I finished the last SolGrassy subregion.
Pages: 1 2