Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1408 "Shop" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"Hill Glades" is an upperclass neighbourhood a short distance eastward of Areya's Palace. A lavish manor (01) lies opposite a semicircle of a bakery (04) and nice homes (02-03,05-06). You'll also find a shop north of here (08), who's stock is left to be decided. The guardtower (07) is also counted as part of Hill Glades even though the guards patrol a much wider grid.[/blockquote]

House type: Hole
Claim size: Medium
Neighbourhood: Hill Glades

The shop just north of Hill Glades can sell anything you like. It's a pretty good spot for a claim because it lies on the road to the palace, which players will likely visit a few times to pick up quests for House Redoran. The neighbourhood is pretty upper-scale and it would be a good idea if your shop reflected that, i.e. if it's a weapon shop it wouldn't have lowly iron swords etc.

The shop owner sleeps downstairs in this cell. He or she can have a spouse and/or children too.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1408, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
This could be the house of a carpenter selling furniture etc. as per this discussion.
I'd like to claim this if that's ok with you guys.

I have an idea to set this up as the shop and house of an upper class trader named Bevenasi Nerethi and his carpenter son, Volmryn. The wife would have died years ago in an accident and neither father nor son discuss too much into it. The father sells general goods and some expensive and rare items (only a few which are on display). The son could be a freelance carpenter, doing custom work for the upper class in the neighborhood.

The real reason I would like to use this claim is to use it to partially finish my Kanath Ancestral Tomb quest. Bevenasi, unbeknown to his son, is actually one of the doppelgangers of the Necromancer in the quest continuation I brought up to bob196045.

I hope this is ok.
Welcome back and have fun! Smile
Here is my first draft. I hope I got everything right. I had to look up a bunch of stuff for just about everything to understand what I was doing again Big Grin

Oh, I didn't add anything about the Kanath Ancestral Tomb continuation yet. I figured I'd wait until I got it mostly fleshed out in testing before I added the necessary changes and scripts to this claim.
Thanks, I'll check it later today! Smile
Nice work as usual, I merged the file and I'll post a new patch in a few minutes! Big Grin