Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1407 "Guardtower" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"Hill Glades" is an upperclass neighbourhood a short distance eastward of Areya's Palace. A lavish manor (01) lies opposite a semicircle of a bakery (04) and nice homes (02-03,05-06). You'll also find a shop north of here (08), who's stock is left to be decided. The guardtower (07) is also counted as part of Hill Glades even though the guards patrol a much wider grid.[/blockquote]

House type: Guardtower
Claim size: Small
Neighbourhood: Hill Glades

The guardtower lies inbetween Hill Glades and The Slums. It's not supposed to be tied to any of them, rather the guards should patrol the whole of SoluthisWorldspace03.

There could be four guards here, two patrolling during the day and two during the night. To make it even more interesting you could make the schedule overlap at one time and gap at another time, so that for instance during two hours all four guards are patrolling and during another two hours neither guard are. That's just a suggestion. I'm sure we can talk more about the patrol routes as your claim gets underway, so for the meantime you just need to clutter up the guardtower.

(If you need a basement just slap a trapdoor on the floor and add a second interior cell that links to it.)

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1407, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'll take this one please. Smile

Also, I was thinking: does there HAVE to be 4 guards?

I was thinking 6 - the last two are the sentries on the top of the watchtower (1 day and 1 night). I think that these watchtowers are really cool and the balcony would seem a bit wasted without someone to actually stand there.

Edit: Also, I've noticed that there's two guard helmets - the ones from TES3 and ones that look like mushrooms, does it matter which one to use?
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
I was thinking 6 - the last two are the sentries on the top of the watchtower (1 day and 1 night). I think that these watchtowers are really cool and the balcony would seem a bit wasted without someone to actually stand there.
Sounds good.

The Redoran guards use the "StArmorBonemoldHelmetRedoran" helmet.
Cool. Also, is there a generic guard dialogue or do I have to create dialogue for these guys myself?

Edit: Do they need names as well, or can I just call them "Redoran Guard"?

Can they respawn?
Cool. Also, is there a generic guard dialogue or do I have to create dialogue for these guys myself?
Yes, please add one or two greetings and a topic of your choice.
You can use the same quest for all of the 6 NPCs.

Edit: Do they need names as well, or can I just call them "Redoran Guard"?
Quote:From the OP
The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names.

Make sure that they are a member of the following factions as well: StRwRedoranGuard and StRwRedoran. The latter is for the Great House Redoran. Because of these factions you don't need the Innocent faction.

Can they respawn?
No (perhaps we'll change that later on).

Info about patrol routes.
OK then, here's v1.0
Thanks, I'll reply tomorrow. Smile
I didn't review the AI (not finished)
  • Don't use "-1" for arrows and so on because it means infinite.

• Make sure to vary the AI attributes and personality for every NPC.
    Make sure to vary the levels for every NPC.

• Add a few more tapestries, a shelf with plates and cutlery (for 6 guards).

• Add more random stuff like bottles, crumbled paper etc.

• Add a kind of kitchen area with (ST) bread and other ingredients.

• For the X-marker heading define the X target data (StFurnDunPracticeDummy01).

• The "StRwNPCRedoranGuardDialogue" quest (screenshot) takes care of the generic crime dialogue and the Dunmer GREETINGs. It will overrule any other quest.

• "Sera" is intented for DarkElfs so I suggest to change it to a GREETING for an outlander.

• Use a "GetIsRace" condition to ensure it only works for "outlanders".

Nice work so far and thanks for the update. Smile
OK, done what you've listed :goodjob:

BTW sorry for the late reply - I've had a really busy week

BTW sorry for the late reply - I've had a really busy week
NP and thanks. Smile

I'll reply asap. :check:
Pages: 1 2