Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0403 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Area07_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]'Bold visionary, artisan, poet, master architect of Soluthis' - thus reads the plaque honoring Kali Gulas, one of the city's founders and reknowned historical figure in Redoran culture. Today, "Kali Gulas Square" is a quaint neighbourhood in a bustling city, but back when the man built his house (#05) there was nothing but rocks and trees as far as the eye could see. His descendants still live in their forefathers homestead, tending to the park.[/blockquote]

House type: Hole
Claim size: Medium
Neighbourhood: Kali Gulas Square

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis0403, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
May I claim this one for the 0412 shop owners house?
This is for the NPC owners house, and yet of which has no NPC because of him being in a seperate esp in 0412. The files will need to be merged (0403-0412) before the AI can properly work, and for ownership and pathgrids to be made.

(Apologies if I made this without proper confirmation, but I had to host it in line with the other interior.)
Sure you can claim it. I think it's a nice spot for his home Smile It'll be cool to see him walk back and forth to his shop.
Yeah. :yes: I hope it'll work. I might make a female NPC after it has been reviewed or whatever, to take care of the house while the shop owner is away.
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
I might make a female NPC after it has been reviewed or whatever, to take care of the house while the shop owner is away.
A good idea. Smile
Please continue with this file, because I have to review the shop and after it has been finished, I'll merge the esp to the esm, as promised. Then use this file to finish the AI.

Submit the final version of the esp for reviewing after you finished the AI.
Okay. :goodjob:

I'll make a few changes, and in the meantime finish up on Soluthis0404.
Download the esm - here-.
Great. Thanks sandor, I'll probably finish up on this one later this evening.
Here it is, a little later than intended. A few things to note:

-The shop owner won't offer services for some reason
-The shop owner AI is not complete, I cannot get it to work

I would appreciate it if the review for the interior and female NPC be considered main priority here. Them if someone could let me know how to make the AI work here I'd appreciate it and make the changes ASAP.

The problem I'm having is, the shop owner does go to sleep in the other house where he lives, and travels back and forth, but he won't lock the doors when he leaves at night. I've check the three boxes for the AI package but in game the door stays open regardless.

Same with the other interior, this time the NPC owner is the female NPC, her AI works all fine, but she doesn't lock the doors when she sleeps.
Pages: 1 2 3