Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0410 "Armor shop" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Area07_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]'Bold visionary, artisan, poet, master architect of Soluthis' - thus reads the plaque honoring Kali Gulas, one of the city's founders and reknowned historical figure in Redoran culture. Today, "Kali Gulas Square" is a quaint neighbourhood in a bustling city, but back when the man built his house (#05) there was nothing but rocks and trees as far as the eye could see. His descendants still live in their forefathers homestead, tending to the park.[/blockquote]

House type: Hole
Claim size: Medium
Neighbourhood: Kali Gulas Square

"Feet First" is a shop that sells armor - but only the kind that can be put on your feet.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis0410, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'll take this, please

Edit: In the CS there is already some items on shelves. Should these be in the merchant container as well?
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Edit: In the CS there is already some items on shelves. Should these be in the merchant container as well?
That's fine. Smile
OK, here's v1.0
Hi jucklesjenk Smile I would be glad to check that for you. I will pick it up tomorrow.
Nice claim jucklesjenk. I did find a few issues.

- Chairs are floating on lower level because of the carpet.

- In the upper level a couple pairs of boots are floating on the inside of the hearth because of the angle.

- Assign ownership of the cell(faction) and select public area for the shop.

- You could add a lock box with some gold and assign a key in the interior.

- There are two containers with items presumeably for sale but only one is use. Add the boots to your container.

- The travel package has doors lock and unlock but 'continue if pc near' is not checked. In the event the package ends the PC will be locked inside.

Lighting
Try to use fakes and use a light bulb (e.g. ARCreepyOrange600) types.
For every three/four fake lights one light bulb, this will improve the FPS. Use activator flame nodes (most of the fires) because it gives a nice sound of a burning fire and its' more realistic (fire damage).

NPC

All of the ST NPC's have to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction,if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors. We have our own STGeneric dialogue (WIP). It's now possible to create evil NPC's as well. ST NPC's have to be a member of the StSrGenDialsForSTInnocent faction or another non-evil faction. If not, the NPC will be considered as evil.

The fact that you have created a faction for the NPC will enable the NPC to be considered innocent after adding the StSrGenDialsForST.

- Please add weapons to the NPC's, it's easier to delete items than to add them to the inventory when rebalancing the district( for loot, locking doors, NPC strength etc.)

- STJKNovrilAthren needs StSrGenDialsForST Faction.

- Just for your information, the owner of a door does not necessaraly need a key.

- Make sure STJKNovrilAthren has his AI packages in a timely order. Check weapon uneqipped where appropriate.

- Why is STJKNovrilAthren selling/buying Weapons, Armor, Lights and Misc?

- STJKAralisaAthren needs StSrGenDialsForST Faction.

- Make sure STJKAralisaAthren has her AI packages in a timely order. Check weapon uneqipped where appropriate.

Quest

- Please add emotion to some of the dialogue. The Greeting appears happy Smile.

- You have two greetings, one for if the player is a dark elf and one for the player not being a dark elf. You will need to check to see if the player is or is not by checking 'run on target'.

General info.
Add a north marker.
Add a x marker to the interior(when not linked to the exterior).
If Havok is used it has to be mentioned.
Thanks, Zurke

I've fixed the stuff
jucklesjenk, I had not seen that you updated your post. I will check it today.
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
jucklesjenk, I had not seen that you updated your post.

No problem Smile
Hi jucklesjenk,

- I see boots on display but STJKNovrilAthren does not have any in his container. How come?

- The eating and sleeping packages should have weapons unequipped.

- There are two Greetings by STJKNovrilAthren, one I presume is for if the player is a dark elf and another if the player is not. How does the game know what the player is?

- Please add a north marker to the cell.

- Have you tried to play test this interior? It crashes when I try.

As always thanks for your contribution Smile
Pages: 1 2 3