Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0408
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Area07_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]'Bold visionary, artisan, poet, master architect of Soluthis' - thus reads the plaque honoring Kali Gulas, one of the city's founders and reknowned historical figure in Redoran culture. Today, "Kali Gulas Square" is a quaint neighbourhood in a bustling city, but back when the man built his house (#05) there was nothing but rocks and trees as far as the eye could see. His descendants still live in their forefathers homestead, tending to the park.[/blockquote]

House type: Oval Home
Claim size: Small
Neighbourhood: Kali Gulas Square

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis0408, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'll claim.
Hehe, the cell is already made. =)

Not cluttered, of course, but most people can find it in their files because the Soluthis0408 cell already exists. Makes things a little easier.

So, to the point of my post, I need an idea as to what I should make this NPC, his/her trade should be what exactly? What does the city need more of? I think I'll go for Drillmaster, but any other ideas for future claims I do?
Hm...

I just had an idea.

If there would be a buyable house in Soluthis (maybe after the larger home models are added), then you would go to different people around town to buy things needed for the house instead of just one location.

A furniture shop, a painter, etc.

Maybe if that gets approved, have this be a part of it?

Also, if you were to buy a house you would be able to buy some items in bulk instead of them coming with the furniture (if there was a furniture shop). For example, one for silverware, one for books, etc.

I'm not saying one shop for each thing, but divide the number of buyable things more than usual among shopkeepers.

Plus-side: It would help make sure the player really goes around Soluthis and see everything that the town has to offer.

Down-side: More complicated than normal.

...yeah, this was just a sudden idea I had while reading this topic.
JONJONAUG there is a buyable house is soluthis soluthis0110 is a buyable house that i should be finishing up soon though you dont have to buy the furnature cause it was just left by it past owners.
Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
JONJONAUG there is a buyable house is soluthis soluthis0110 is a buyable house that I should be finishing up soon though you dont have to buy the furnature cause it was just left by it past owners.

Just left by past owners?

What's the model?
Oval Home. and past owners well they are sort of Dead it will be metioned in the quest for Soluthis 0109 which is the guy who sells you the house's home.
Is there some sort of quest other than just buying it? Because that's kinda...boring if the furniture is already there with the house.
well once you buy it the quest for soluthis 0109 can be started maybe ill add some reason for you to go back to the seller basied on happenings in the house to start soluthis 0109's quest kinda like the anvil house quest. i plan on makeing the houst cost decently for what you get.

Go here for the whole progress/screenshots and quest info
It's been a while since I've posted anything about what I'm going to do for this one, so here it goes:

I will make it so that three NPC's live in here, two drillmaster brothers and the first one's wife. I liked how in Daggerfall there were crowded towns and stuff, and so many people to talk to, etc... So, I think seeing as to how large this city is going to be, we should make it seem like it is bustling with activity. The more NPC's wandering the exterior, the better. :goodjob: If there were only one NPC to a house (with some wandering interiors only), then when you think about it, we wouldn't really have many characters outside. What does everyone think?
Pages: 1 2