Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0501 "Temple" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea05_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]House Redoran has an equal affinity for war as they do for religion, epitomized in the tightly guarded Temple compound. A barracks (#08) houses the local contingent of Ordinators, and it's not unusual to see an Ordinator archer on duty atop the guardtower (#07, off the map). The higher-ranking priests reside in four outlying Velothi-style homes (#02-#05), though if you're looking for them you'll most likely find them in the huge Temple (#01). The compound is also where you'll find the Indoril embassy (#06), should you need to visit it. [/blockquote]

Interior model to use: -
Model Nickname: Velothi Tileset
Northmarker Rotation: NA
Neighbourhood: Temple Compound

[title]Information.[/title]
For basic information on how to mod in Soluthis, please see parkeep.silgrad.com. Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. Beyond that, trial-and-error is an integral part of modding.
I would like to claim the Temple.
Any ideas for the layout?
Maybe similar to TES3's layout? Confusedhrug: Most of the Temples of TES3 followed the same layout, so maybe you could use that for the entrance, then expand it (additional areas) for the rest of the Temple?
Quote:Originally posted byTheImperialDragon
Maybe similar to TES3's layout? I dunno Most of the Temples of TES3 followed the same layout, so maybe you could use that for the entrance, then expand it (additional areas) for the rest of the Temple?

I like that idea. Thanks.
Excellent! =)

I think it's been said in lore that in modern day Morrowind, relatives usually worship their ancestors at the Temple rather than in Ancestral Tombs. I think that was a way of explaining why the tombs were so deserted in TES3. There wasn't much practical evidence of that kind worship at the Temple in TES3 though, so we're left wondering how to portray that worship in the actual mod. But perhaps one way of doing it would be to have a sort of catacomb beneath the Temple, with slots for urns containing the cremated remains townspeople's ancestors?

It could perhaps be especially fun if coupled with the idea that the catacombs are guarded by ghosts and similar, who can sense a trespassing person who isn't related to the ancestors resting there. I.e., they would be explained as being harmless to those who are supposed to be able to go down there, but would attack the player. It could potentially be a nice location for adventure. For instance maybe a person stole a necklace from someone else in town, but met an untimely fate shortly afterwards and was buried with the heirloom, and the relatives of the victim wants the player to retrieve it. They couldn't do it themselves because they don't want to run the risk of being seen as graverobbers by the community. Just a random though that crossed my mind on how the catacombs could offer adventure. And indeed the catacombs are also a random thought on how ancestor worship at the Temple can be portrayed, so if you like the idea sandor feel free to use and tweak it. If you don't, no worries, I won't mind. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
But perhaps one way of doing it would be to have a sort of catacomb beneath the Temple, with slots for urns containing the cremated remains townspeople's ancestors?

I like this and I'll try to create these catacombs. Smile
I made a concept layout for the temple.
What do you think?

The catacombs are accessible via the basement. I'll make 10 niches or so (not ready).

It's a very nice tileset. Smile
I only don't like the doorway. Can that be adapted?
I made the catacombs.

The esp is already attached to the previous post.
Is the layout ok?
I checked it out and both RPT and RPT2 look good to me. It'll be interesting to see it detailed later on.

(When I load up your esp, the cell "StGdVelothiTest" is marked as changed. It's probably nothing, I just thought I'd mention that.)

You're right that the doorframe model looked off. I've attached a fixed one.
Pages: 1 2