Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1401 "Manor" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"Hill Glades" is an upperclass neighbourhood a short distance eastward of Areya's Palace. A lavish manor (01) lies opposite a semicircle of a bakery (04) and nice homes (02-03,05-06). You'll also find a shop north of here (08), who's stock is left to be decided. The guardtower (07) is also counted as part of Hill Glades even though the guards patrol a much wider grid.[/blockquote]

House type: Manor
Claim size: Medium to large
Neighbourhood: Hill Glades

This is the manor of Hill Glades, and it should be suitably lavish.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1401, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'll take this as the family of my Soluthis Farm claim (SolFarm01).

The claim is a fairly large house, so could this rich family have a servant?
Ready for reviewing. Smile
I will check it for you jucklesjenk.

Have a good day
Charles
Hi jucklesjenk.

Upon looking at the esp I found that Soluthis1404(Hethlar Koril's Bakery) has been effected. I am not sure why.

I can remove any changes from Soluthis1404 if you did not mean to alter it. But considering this is for the Soluthis1401 claim I was suspicious.
I forgot to mention it - I added an xmarker to the bottom of the stairs so that in an AI package, the NPC can wander there (sandor has told me previously that it is better not to use InCell for wander packages.

Should this be removed? (I guarantee - that is the only change to the cell)
I think it will be alright. I try and keep jumping from cell to cell in the CS to a minimum. It can lead to unwanted and unexpected conditions. As I said I think this will be alright but I wanted to ask about it. In the future if you make changes to any other cell(interior) it must be noted in the claim.

As a side note when I am dealing with existing interiors or exteriors I document what I add/change in a note pad. I then submit those changes with the esp to Sandor. He finds it very helpful to know what has been changed before merging files.

Have a great day
Charles
Thanks for the tips. Smile

I agree - using a changelog is very useful, both for sandor and yourself if you need to fix something you changed. I used one in my Steadhelm Overhaul Claim and it was a good move.
Hi jucklesjenk Smile

I did a pass through.

- Objects:

StDoorRedMAINloaddoor was pulled away from step and floating slightly. fixed :check:

StInRedSmNEWdoorjamb is in the middle of the passage(see attachmnet). For asthetics it needs to be centered at a junction.

The same with the other side of interior.

MiddleBarrelKeg01 is OB and should not be used. We have StRwContDunmerWinebarrel01wine as a substitute which you are already using.

Quill01 is OB. Please use STIDQuill01+Color

- AI:

When altering other cells besides the current claim please give notice. It is helpful when merging esps.

STJKSoluthis1401EralosNadusWanderHomeAfternoonPack overlaps STJKSoluthis1401EralosNadusWanderKitchenEveningPack by 1 hour.

STJKSoluthis1401EralosNadusWanderOutsideMiddayPack has no weather condition. If bad weather is in the area few should be wandering about.

STJKSoluthis1401ArvsieAndranoWanderOutsideMorningPack has no weather condition. If bad weather is in the area few should be wandering about.

STJKSoluthis1401SerthynAndranoWanderOutsideAfternoonPack has no weather condition. If bad weather is in the area few should be wandering about.

Please continue with the attached esp.

Nice interior Smile
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
I forgot to mention it - I added an xmarker to the bottom of the stairs so that in an AI package, the NPC can wander there (sandor has told me previously that it is better not to use InCell for wander packages.

Should this be removed? (I guarantee - that is the only change to the cell)
If you don't mention changes to other cells, I assume it's a contamination and these will be removed from the esp before the merge.

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
As a side note when I am dealing with existing interiors or exteriors I document what I add/change in a note pad. I then submit those changes with the esp to Sandor. He finds it very helpful to know what has been changed before merging files.
That's correct, it helps a lot when merging files.
Pages: 1 2