Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Redguard, Arena and Daggerfall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone ever managed to get those games to run on a Windows XP system? Because I really liked Daggerfall and Redguard, and I would very much like to be able to play those games again. Unfortunately, it would seem Redguard and Daggerfall are DOS games, so they can't work with XP. Does anybody have any suggestions?
buy a cheap old comp..
I have redguard working on my laptop, just use glidos, you learn to ignore the 10 ft tall swirling logo.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
I have redguard working on my laptop, just use glidos, you learn to ignore the 10 ft tall swirling logo.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Glidos doesn't do much for Daggerfall, and Glidos also messes up everything in Redguard too (see through ground, missing textures, etc...). At least it seems that way for me.
Never happened to me. There are hundreds of fake Daggerfall XP patches and a couple real ones.
Sure, Arena runs like a charm with DOS Box and little tweaking.

Further info, also check it's discussion:
http://www.abandonia.com/games/195/downl...sArena.htm
You could try downloading a dos emulator. I thought I saw link to one posted by Bethesda when they announced the re-release of Arena.
Arena, honestly, isn't all that special. It does run pretty well in DosBox. I'm not sure about Daggerfall, but Redguard works fairly well for me on XP using whatever that utility they recommend on the official forums is. Battlespire, however, always seems to run like ass for me.
@ Arbiter: DOSBox, eh? I'll give it a go. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel
Arena, honestly, isn't all that special. It does run pretty well in DosBox. I'm not sure about Daggerfall, but Redguard works fairly well for me on XP using whatever that utility they recommend on the official forums is. Battlespire, however, always seems to run like ass for me.

You saw combat in Arena? Man, that impressed me and I have no idea why. But towns are a killer.

No prob ID. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3