Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Poison Glow Rock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, what IS this rock exactly? I had this theory about Ayleids and Bosmer and intermingling and Welkynd/Varla stones, but that never really led to anywhere, nor did it explain why it happened after Numidium...

Okay, I remember now. Well, Ayleids fled to Valenwood after being chased off by Cyrodiils, right? Well, say they interbred until they weren't even noticed anymore... Then it's the 5 years war. A Bosmer patrol tries to take a foot hold in Anequina, entering from Cyrodiil, where they wouldn't be expected. They carry Welkynd stones and Varla stones. They get to where the Halls of Colussos would be built, and make a camp. Khajiit scouts report them, and they kill the Bosmer in their sleep, leaving their stones behind.

This is where I start to assume things.

Then, the Halls are built, Numidium is made, and the Dragon Breaks, correct? There's a large discharge of magicka, which charges the Welkynd and Varla stones. Time stabalizes, and the stones remain charged, but they tried to absorb so much magicka, it is wasted, giving out negative side effects.

Poison glow rock explained?
I like it, but teh point of numidium is that it tainted the land, what was already there and made it stange and alien.
But I'm trying to figure out HOW Numidium tainted the land.

I'm going to try to research this a bit further.
I don't recall a dragon break when Numidium was activated...
Reading further, it wasn't when it was activated, it was during construction. Then Zurin Arctus used his life-force to create the Mantella. It seems that the Mantella would be a powerful soul-gem used to power Numidium.

After that, the Aldmeri were beaten into submission etc etc.
Ok then.

There are a lot of mysteries here, and I would love for it to be an uber dungeon.

The main quest will visit it, but there will be much more for the player to do there if he wants to know the truth.
So what's your source for that Dragon Break? The Warp in the West is the only Numidium-related one that I can recall... and the one caused by the Marukhati Selective is the only one I can think of at all besides the WitW. Officially, at least. There are theories that there was one at Red Mountain when the Dwemer disappeared.
The warp in the west is it. There were some falsly stated things in the past, but the general concensus here has been that since the god was forged here, it has special properties.
Yes, of course. I was just clarifying that, as far as anything I've ever seen goes, it wasn't caused by a dragon break. Smile
Actually, this one isn't the Warp in the West. Warp in the West was Daggerfall, and this is pre-Daggerfall, when Tiber Septim is trying to take over Tamriel. After this happens, 3E begins.

The reason you might not have heard of it is because it's undocumented. Perhaps it was only a regional thing, because the Khajiit do know about it, and it affects them. After all, the tender to the Mane said the imperials "did it twice with Big Walker, once in here, in Rimmen, and the other in Wayrest, or was it Sentinal, or was it Daggerfall, or was it everywhere at onces?" [Paraphrase]
Pages: 1 2 3