Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ice/Daedric Tower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kpubaanszt.jpg]

For those who missed that thread, I've had to bring my old computer back from retirement while my new computer is in the shop. Lucky for me I can still do model work on the old computer, and the tricks I've learned from before should mean I can work pretty much like normal even if I naturally can't playtest the models.

It's a mixed blessing for many reasons, but one of the few perks is that I rediscovered models I had downloaded in yonder times and which I thought were lost. The "Ice Tower" is one of them, seen in the screenshot.

The original model didn't have any uvw mapping or textures. I set up temporary mapping on it and rendered it to get opinions from you guys if it looks good and if it can be useful. Just keep in mind I didn't model it and I don't plan to rework it; if it's not good enough I'll just leave it be.

It's called "Ice Tower" but I think it would actually look better and be more useful if it was textured to be a Daedric tower. What do you guys think? Maybe it could be a unique model for one of Silgrad's Daedric shrines?

Edit: Here is a copy of the nif in case anyone wants to check it out. I haven't corrected the size.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/6a649a/
There's too many random shapes and spikes. I don't really like it. :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
There's too many random shapes and spikes. I don't really like it. :eek:

Mm. It looked a lot more impressive when I downloaded it and knew nothing about modelling Wink
WHAT?! I think it looks freakin awesome! Cool
Personally I do like the spikes, very much so. I think they look nice and evil. What I meant about not so impressive was the body of the tower, which on closer inspection reveals the modeller didn't know (or didn't care) to weld the vertices of the segments that make up the body. And it looks rather primitive, but with a good and dark enough texture I doubt that would be noticeable.
Not sure about Daedric, as their architecture tends to be more of an angular distortion of the classic, but this model might be useful for one of the affiliated projects? Thing is that the affiliates are having to create Architecture from scratch, so maybe if this is put into the Common Room?
Would be very nice for Skyrim...
Looks very menacing, although perhaps make it little wider at the bottom, and maybe supported by these spikes.
If we ever enter Hircine's realm again, this has GOT to go in it. Big Grin
Hmm, a man made construction of Red Tower for the Vvardenfel team, for use as that Dark elves tried to restore the tower after the stone has been destroyed? Just throwing out some lore ideas here.
Pages: 1 2