Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tirel Belvani's Journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something I wrote up for Reich Parkeep. Try to get all the references. They're mostly easy, some are tough though.

Entry 1: I have been asked to live at The Spinning Sanctum so I can share my knowledge with anyone that happens to be passing through. Despite my protests that the common man would have no understanding of the rare texts that I have been studying, I eventually caved in. To look on the bright side, I have been given a spacious room.

Entry 2: I have lived at the inn for nearly a week now, and I've managed to settle in. I've talked to many a traveler, but few seem to understand the 36 Lessons. Although I have been asked to mention Sotha Sil more often in my teachings by the Temple, I grow frustrated with them when they do not understand that there is no appeal to Sotha Sil after coming to the conclusion that the completeness of his mystery leads to a lack of mystery. On an unrelated note, studies of the 36 Lessons continue. I doubt that anyone before myself has read them so many times, I have them nearly memorized. Although I don't own every copy, I own the ones I have deemed as the most important.

Entry 3: Again with these incessant priests. Now they are complaining that I spend too much time at my studies. I have told them time and time again that my research comes first. Nearly a month here now, and I've almost cracked the Lessons. Would have been done sooner if I hadn't been distracted. Although I suppose I can't complain about the lodgings...perhaps I'll spend a little more time getting to know the regulars and staff here.

Entry 4: Has it really been a month since I've last written in these pages? So much has happened, both in my studies and in my relationships with others. Where to begin...might as well start with relationships. I have fallen in love with the owner of the Inn. Thankfully, she's single. Perhaps I shall ask her to engage in the secret ritual with myself. As for my studies, I haven't made many new strides recently, but I have managed to memorize the sermons completely (borrowing the few missing copies from various sources).

Entry 5: I have asked my love to marry me. She said yes. My heart is filled with such joy that I haven't felt since I first read the 36 Lessons of Vivec. One other note: I have managed to convey my teachings into terms that the common man can understand, but it's more like putting a signpost that points in one direction, but ends up pointing you close but not quite at your destination. No time to write any more now, sleep comes for me.

Entry 6: Revelation! I shall not describe my discovery here, for it would be heresy, but Sermon 29 is the key. Sermon 36 also holds the lesser but still true key to this.

Entry 7: ...this cannot be. It requires more study. But all is seen in the way of the four-times-three.

Entry 8: Ah, perhaps the Sithis-shaped hole does not deserve the contempt of others. Perhaps he is but a small part of the One that is. Or perhaps I feel sympathy with all, and with one.

Entry 9: The tower, it looms before me, it haunts my dreams. Its meaning is obscured to mortals, and its secret hidden inside a wheel. Flip it and it remains the same, but it is also different.

Entry 10: The door is shut; nothing shall disturb the peace of the motion. Banging a drum is ill-advised, but dancing to it is both better and worse.

Entry 11: Starlight ends, but is it truly light that is seen?

Entry 12: LVOER! Perhaps all is seen from sky and comes to destroy but if it is stopped shall it come down when the duel with one name leaves?

Entry 13: The first meaning remains hidden, but is it truly meant to be seen? Or is it there in the first place, but beyond prying eyes?

Entry 14: Starry night is life's first light. Or is it life's last light, or only light? Or does fire come and seek out all?

Entry 15: Is the walking one meant to bind the world or break it? What truly guides it? Are all meant to bind or break, or something else?

Entry 16: The outside beckons, but the outside is fearful and feared. Those that say that movement is too quickened need to look at one before.

Entry 17: The ninth may have existed once upon a time, but left before coming.

Entry 18: Guardian is dung, but those that follow are simply undigested.

Entry 19: The first meaning remains hidden; perhaps the writer was not intentional of meaning at that place. Or perhaps he needed more of the drink of the outside, or should have had less. Whatever the reason, he may not have had the right amount.

Entry 20: The outsiders banging continues. I shout the truth to them often, in hopes that they will see, but most remain blind in their path. Even worse, some see the right path, then turn around and follow another.

Entry 21: The perversion of the initials is arrogant, and should be made to flip around and over to see its faults. Others see the faults, but the perversion merely attacks Liberty with an unceasing drive.

Entry 22: The end of the world is seen as forever going, and falls up and over, but the shield that is not seen is cold and unmoving.

Entry 23: Why write which is forbidden? To satisfy the lay reader and amuse them. But many things are seen far more to those who don't read, and to those who obsess. Amusement and hidden meanings are abound, but the truth is always in plain sight.

Entry 24: Woe to Oath Breakers, but shall we not pity parts as well? The one that is unseen is regrettable. The golden being is most attuned to the world. The two-that-is-one-that-is-one is in both, yet neither.

Entry 25: The Devil was melded, and that is why he fell. Yet in his melding, he discovered parts of the truth, but all at once. Perhaps that is why he was touched with bitter mercy.

Entry 26: Ones that are new are greeted, but the repeated greeting itself is several years old.

Entry 27: Different views are key, and are what make it all seen. Perhaps no one view is the right way to go to view the two-one-two that is beneath elevation, but all are close to the mark.

Entry 28: Scholars teach the larger, but are seen as smaller. Many who do not keep the dubious food however, must be taught by the larger before contributing to them. Just because something is uninteresting does not cause it to be false.

Entry 29: Glory to Tayem-Iya-Lyr, for giving satisfaction and knowledge from the worlds that change, but remain as one.

Entry 30: Darkness is faceless; the ones that dwell in it cannot perceive its truth.

Entry 31: Glory to Vehk in the singular! May his days be filled with the drink that is not here (although architect that guides this hand gave more than five by one-hundred of these), may he gift us with knowledge that others neglected to give, and may he stay true to his words and never leave his children.

Entry 32: If one was truly made to satisfy the other, then why do things still stand? Is the ONE that is ALL in perpetuation of both recongrugation and separation?

Entry 33: AYEM AE SEHTI AE VHEK?! Bah, try AYEM AE SEHTI AE VHEK AE NIR, recent events not being included in this perfect analysis of 'I'.

Entry 34: Ha, they don't see the jungles, yes...jungles. The home of the Red King gone as it should be, but why is this? Perhaps he caused others to walk as he did

Entry 35: The syllable of royalty.
The prisoners: Have it, but only during their guiding times.
The uneducated of the Starry Heart: Cannot obtain it.
Gods: Know of it, but go slowly into it.
The smith: Sees it, but fails to know it.
Change: Is uncertain, constantly shifting around it.
Those that are gone: Were to reach it, but ended up in the other way.
The architects: Build around it and have it, but to a different end.
Those outside: All that peer in have it, but many fail to know it.
IT is selfish to impossible yet probable extents, and yet those outside fail to see it as such.

Entry 36: I see it all now. The sad truth. Take pity on everyone and no one, and the cycle perpetuated by the three-and-all-that-is-one. But I have seen the way to reach heaven. The way out of this insane god-head one of multiplicity. I know I am I, but the most frightening aspect of it all is...at the same time I am not. A frightening concept set within the Arena that should not exist but does.
Heavy, JJA

Have to consider this very carefully and that will include other reactions.

Must say I like the concept of the writer being trapped in the verbal maelstrom that infects the 36 lessons - ...
Thanks.

When I was writing this, I was thinking "what would happen if an in-game character were to find out the secrets of the 36 Lessons and other texts.

Took me about five seconds to think "he'd be enlightened, and horribly insane".
Now updated!
hmmm - do I dare read this again? will I retain my sanity? look, kow I left my sanity somewhere around here, now where was it? :confused:
Woah what happened? Did the poor man go insane, or has he reached Enlightenment as Vivec has, which I'm pretty sure is called CHIM or something. I also liked how you mentioned NIR, though I can't understand why.

Well, I must go, the tower beckons, but to get through the door, the ancient door. Should I destroy the tower, thus eliminating the journey, or should I traverse the tower to fulfil the journey at my own sacrifice. What isn't known is known, but how can one know to know it? What truly is, or is it just what isn't? Then what does that make everything that isn't, or is what isn't actually is because it can't exist, thusly it exists. What is it to be nothing, because to be nothing, you need to be something. The tower, is it good or evil, or is that just a mortal impossibility. If something can be good or evil, then is nothing good or evil.....................
I think the road to religious enlightment is an individual one, whether it be the Bible or Vivec's teachings, and in that sense I don't think it's a very important concern if it fits with lore or not. The fictional writer isn't stating facts like you and me would see facts, but rather his interpretations of facts as he discovers his personal truth through religious studies. I.e., he thinks he's right, but he thinks so from studying religious writers and philosophizing with himself rather than examining cold hard evidence. Or at least I think so.

black[/hr]

Nice work JONJONAUG, it was a good read! Smile

Here are some musings from me, in case they can be of any use.

I think I would have liked a bit more information at the start of the book about who the character who wrote it is (or was). I didn't get a clear picture in my mind what kind of character it is. Was the intention of the fictional writer that his work would be used to educate others? In the sense that they could follow his religious awakening (or whichever may be the case)? If so then maybe the fictional writer would introduce himself to his readers? Perhapbs by noting his past achievements.

I guess I would also have been interested in knowing more about his love interest and their romance. I understand that that wasn't the focus of the book, but I think it would enhance your book if the love interest felt like a real person. If he was in love with her, I don't think he would refer to her as the owner of the Inn but to something more personal and affectionate.

If it's a journal, wouldn't the entries have dates?

It needs is a little spellchecking in my humble opinion.
- "knoweldge" = "knowledge"
- "percieve it's truth" = "percieve its truth" (it's = it is, its = belongs to it)
- three dots in text need to be followed by a blank space

(I'm not critisizing, I would surely have made more errors myself)

Apart from that, great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in-game soon :goodjob:
...actually, it's partly about the subjects of the 36 Lessons, part CHIM (such as entry 35, the most direct on the subject) and part easter egg (entry 26 is about Fishy Sticks). Also with a collection of other lore subjects (Lorkhan, Sheogorath, Dagoth Ur, etc.).

And yes, I haven't spell checked it yet. Been meaning to, I'll do it soon.

Also, yes. He thinks that he is right. Not everything on there has to be correct (mostly becuase a lot of that is still being debated on).

For there being no dates, that was because I was following the format of other ingame journals (entry title by number, no dates). That, and all need or want of date would fall short around the eleventh entry.
Updated again. A few changes and corrections made.
AAAHAH! Oi 'as reddit agin an 'chieved the exhaltid state of CHIMP! :]
Pages: 1 2