Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: A Theory on the History of Red Mountain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Theory on the History of Red Mountain

By Nelos Zek

Dedicated to the lost explorers of Red Mountain

[1ST]T[/1ST]here have been many disputes on the history of morrowind, not many records were written until the arrival of the Imperials. Lately, many have investigated areas of Morrowind in hopes of digging up ancient history.

The largest mountain in Tamriel, Red Mountain, has stood on Morrowind's island of Vvardenfel for as long as the dawn of Men and Mer and even before, and remains vastly unexplored. I took it upon myself to start an expedition to this mountain with my team of 15 faithful explorers.

Red Mountain does indeed have a red history, from 1E 668-1E 700 the War of the First Council raged, in which thousands and thousands of Dwemer and Chimer were killed, and shortly after that battle the Massacre of the Sixth House took place. After this, red mountain's ash was literally dyed red. A few years after these conflicts, the plague known as the Blight appeared.

Many beleive that the Blight was created from Dagoth Ur, which it may well have been, but my theory differs from that.

My beleif is that the blight was created in Red Mountain, but not by Dagoth Ur. The Blight was more likely to have been created by the rotting corpses of the War of the First Council. They eventually decayed into the ash, their corpses riddled with disease, which eventually seeped into and corrupted the ash on the mountain. The disease spread through the ash, but nothing would have happened if it stops there. Dagoth Ur created storms similar to the ash storms of the Ashlands and Molg Amur and other areas of Vvardenfel that churned the plagued ash and spread it throughout Vvardenfel, which in theory seems more likely to have happened.

The Blight, however, was not the only disease that arrived on Red Mountain. This other disease is rarer, yet worse than any disease that could exist on Tamriel. Yes, this disease is Corprus. This, I beleive, occurred in the same manner as the Blight, but in a smaller amount from the unique blood of the massacred Sixth House. The plague of Corprus was the disease mixed with the dark magics of the Sixth House. This disease was also utilized by Dagoth Ur in the same manner as the Blight, but targeted mainly the descendants of the Sixth House in hopes of restoring the bloodline. However, others were able to catch the disease and were turned into corprus beasts. There is a cure for corprus now, which can be obtained in the tower of Tel Fyr. The risk of Corprus is still out there, for a few of the Corprus beasts still lurk unventured caves and ruins without having cured their disease.

These discoveries were made from ash samples taken from deep within the mountain. Sadly, during these explorations, a few of my fellow explorers died, Two were in a tunnel when it collapsed as they were digging, one fell into the lava, and another, which haunted me most, well, was trapped in a cave of corprus beasts. it was a few days before we found him deep in the cave, but the disease was too far advanced to get him to Tel Fyr for him to be cured before he would fully turn on us, so we were forced to leave him there.

This book is not acknowledged as truth by the temple but is allowed for free sale in the general markets.

[1ST]A[/1ST][1ST]S[/1ST][1ST]V[/1ST]
:yes: :lmao: Love it - what a nit-wit - we MUST publish this - with just a little suitable editin, 'course. :banana:
Merged into the Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek:

The Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek