Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Complete Clockwork City of Sotha Sil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Complete Clockwork City of Sotha Sil

By Nelos Zek

[1ST]T[/1ST]here have been many disputes on the history of morrowind, not many records were written until the arrival of the Imperials. Lately, many have investigated areas of Morrowind in hopes of digging up ancient history.

The Clockwork City, also called Sotha Sil after the late Man-God, is Morrowind's most unknown area. Only three people have ever been there, who are Sotha Sil himself, the Nerevarine, and according to the Nerevarine, the Man-Goddess Almalexia of Mournhold. The Temple denies Almalexia's appearence in the Clockwork City, claiming her disappearance was to accompany Vivec when he disappeared.

The exploration of the Clockwork City is an impossiblility, it's whereabouts are unknown and, even so, according to the documents of the Nerevarine, the only entrance has been destroyed. The Nerevarine claims water was leaking from the ruined doorway, so most experts beleive it is underwater somewhere. The most information I can gain on this subject is travelling to The Spinning Sanctum in the Sotha's Countenance district of the Redoran city Reich Parkeep. This neighborhood is the home to many experts on this subject and while observing their research I am able to compile their discoveries into this book. Besides, i wouldn't want to explore a deathtrap like the Clockwork City, which according to the Nerevarine literally was a deathtrap.

The Clockwork City was described as being even more impressive than Bamz-Amschend, the Dwemer city beneath Mournhold. It was also stated by the Nerevarine that the use of shock magic powered the city. The doors opened automatically in a style similar to dwemer ruins via a switch. It is also beleived that Pyroil Tar, one of Tamriel's rarest materials was used in the facility, possesing rare magic materials. The elixers found on the fabricants made by Sotha Sil also possess trace elements of this rare material. While some claim that the tar is toxic, the elixers posess helpful properties and also power these fabricants.

The fabricants of Sotha Sil come in two forms, dubbed Hulking and Verminous Fabricants. These two are half creature, half macine, and both posess their own unique qualities. The Verminous Fabricant, as the name implies, is smaller, less powerful, and more annoying than it's counterpart, the Hulking Fabricant. The Hulking Fabricant, as the name also implies, is a bigger beast that moves slowly, but packs a whallop. These creatures are powered by the unique elixers. The Hulking and Verminous Elixers have two separate varieties, probably specified to suit the power consumption of both creatures. None of the organic parts of the creatures remain, long since decayed, but the mechanics remain in Mournhold's museum. None are allowed to study them by decree of Lord Helseth but witnessing the complexities is enough for me.

The only known way to get into the Clockwork City is through a ring called Barilzar's Mazed Band, also kept in Mournhold's museum and is off-limits to the public. The only one who knew how to use the ring was Almalexia anyways, but she has been gone for several years now.

I am afraid I cannot elaborate on the subject of the Clockwork City any more, for there is not enough known about the area, but I am hopeful that there may be a way to journey there in some way.

This book is not acknowledged as truth by the temple but is allowed for free sale in the general market.

[1ST]A[/1ST][1ST]S[/1ST][1ST]V[/1ST]
:yes: Very cautiously exterpolated I ATE. Hpe you are going to work on this some more. There are details that could prove useful - the invasion of Mournhold by the fabricants and the opening and re-discovery of the entrance to the Dwemer Capital.

One thing I suggest you re-think is the title -

and there is lot of grammar and such to be corrected, though when you are ready I will be happy to sort that.
Hmm, well, in that case, does anyone have any ideas for a better title? I'm sure I can edit that. Anyways, I am hoping to make more history books like that by the same author. I would also think it would be even funnier if you accompany this guy on a quest exploring a lost ruin of sorts. What would be even funnier is if the guy walks into a trap and dies, lol. I'll also take more ideas for more of them. I was thinking I could do one on that lost daedric city within the dwarven capital, but I need more research on that area. good thing I found my morrowind and Tribunal discs. But, a lot of this guy's information is from the Nerevarine, so it would also be funny if you find him lying on a beach when his ship got caught in a storm when he tried to follow the Nerevarine to Akavir. But I rabble. Ok, lets get some book ideas.
Hows about: 'The Complete Clockwork City of Sotha Sil'

Would that be pompous enuf?

Actually, I have the feeling that Nelos Zek could be a Mr Magoo = he just walks though the most appalling traps as though they are not there, and cannot understand why others get caught and killed! = he is probably unkillable. :yes:

Besides, if he dies he would write no more books!
Will do. I always liked those weird adventurers who risk their lives without even knowing it, and what makes it funnier are the people who do know and do die who come along.
Merged into the Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek:

The Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek