Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Improvised weapons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
yes i know im a noob dont flame me....
but what about improvised weapons?
It would be a new weapon proficiency in the categories of unarmored, and hand- to- hand. It would take intelligence and agility.
You know...sticks...rocks... if your in a dungeon, then bones.
It depends on where u are at..some places might have big objects and some might have tiny. Some will also last longer than others. for instance a spoon might last longer than a bone...
Or a book might last longer than a stick.
They wont, in general, last a long time at all, since they were not meant to be a weapon in the first place. The more intelligent the person is, the more useful the object he or she finds to the situation.
And i also have an idea for a new race.... again im a noob so if anybody can help with the framework of the lore to which this race must satisfy, i would be most grateful.
I moved the one that was under general discussion to here. I locked the one in the lore thread. It is not necessary to post more than once.

No one deleted your original post Mal. But I did just move it.
yea sorry about that...
no hard feelings, i seriously though it got snagged Cool
but o well, thanks
I would like to have Improvised weapons in Akavir, that would be great for the slaves.

If anyone has suggestions about this, please post them Wink

I have deleted the other thread now :alert:
thats cool. Im fine with that.
i mean.. this idea would make Oblivion come to life.
u see a wolf and u dont have a weapon?( a rare occurence)
u reach up and snag a tree limb.
You want to get a guards attention?
Grab a rock and throw it at him from afar.
Masters of this feat will be like jackie chan, being able to take out several guards with one improvised weapon.( A rug for example)
that seems like it would be hard to do, and what if you didnt want to trow that rock at that guard, oops! i didnt mean to do that, better run!
I did find a mod that turns farm implements into weapons.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=5021

We might be able to use it with existing farm implements. This does mean that other objects can be turned into weapons.

I don't know about an improvising skill. That might be an insanely complex scripting job.
I think this would not only add strategy to some fights, but alot of comedic relief as well. I would love to pick up a watermellon and smash it over someone's yead...or weild a loaf of stale bread like a not-so-mighty club. :lmao:
Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
I think this would not only add strategy to some fights, but a lot of comedic relief as well. I would love to pick up a watermellon and smash it over someone's yead...or weild a loaf of stale bread like a not-so-mighty club. :lmao:

Yeah, that would be funny. I love it. :lmao:

Dialogue between citizen and guard

Citizen: Um Sir. That soundrel over there just hit me over the head with a breadstick.

Guard: Assault with a breadly weapon.....where is the evidence?

Citizen: I ate it. :lmao:
Well, you know; makeshift weapons I guess. Rock and piece of wood combined would make improvised club, same could be done with sharp stones.

In fact, you could make an entire improvised weapon series.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5