Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ever wonder what controls the Weather System of Nirn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If there is an answer I suspect it would have to be part of the deep Lore, but:

I keep seeing these oddities of climate accross Tamriel. And I honestly tried my very hardest to work around them. :yes:

But now I am X( ?( and generally fed up with making excuses to myself. Does anyone have a clue about why Tamriel has such strange and contadictory climatic patterns?
The dwarves could control certain aspects of the weather, remember in Tribunal?
How about trying to be more specific with what you find 'strange' and 'contradictory?'
I think what he means is akin to the trouble we ran into when planning out the regions for Highrock.

The climatic regions are terribly screwed over, The Western Rech for instance, is supposed to be an elevated taiga, but it has a type of Mongolian plateau look and climate. And Tamriel is just full of these things.
That said, our weather 'rules' don't really apply to Tamriel, with it being a fantasy universe and all.
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel
That said, our weather 'rules' don't really apply to Tamriel, with it being a fantasy universe and all.

Yeah, but how fantasy CAN you get with weather?
I try not to think about weather. Every time it changes in real life, which is just about every day this time of year, my fibro acts up.
Maybe it has to do with 2 moons ?

Some documents say they are the 2 halves of Lorkhan 1 is the flesh and the other the divinity

Possibly the struggle between mortal and divine (though the moons are in decay) continues causing the "strange" climate of the planet

Move to Texas the wheather changes every 10 minutes Smile

Bob
I think it has to do with the fact that Beth wanted to include all kinds of regions and weather types on one continent (from deserts to snowy mountains). Smile
I allways thought there should be now snowy regions in Cyrodiil other than on the tops of mountains. Cloud Top, IMHO, should not be snowy. I've allways seen the other side of the mountains as gigantic grasslands with trees srpouting up near the coast, and then Vvardenfel on the other side. But that's because I grew up with no trees and Morrowind didn't have any. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3