Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Dunmer Stronghold Indoranyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Dunmer Stronghold Indoranyon

By Nelos Zek

Dedicated to the lost explorers of Indorayon

[1ST]T[/1ST]here have been many disputes on the history of Morrowind, not many records were written until the arrival of the Imperials. Lately, many have investigated areas of Morrowind in hopes of digging up ancient history.

The the wilderness of Vvardenfell, Morrowind, is dotted with many ruins of people long since dead. Some of these ruins are easy to find, some are not. This ruin is obvious. It is called Indoranyon.

This ruin used to be an old Chimer/Dunmer stronghold a long time ago. The ruin has since fallen into disuse, and me and my team are here to dig up the truth. Outside is in pretty good shape, just some usual worn stones in the walls, but other than that it looks fine. Outside on a door is a tattered note stabbed into the door with an old rusty dagger. It is too faded to understand now, but I will keep it and research it later.

As one would enter the door, it would appear that it has been enchanted, and you just appear in a circle of candles in a dank chamber. It is flooded below, probably the inhabitants dug nito some sort of underground river during expansion it seems.

As one walks further, you may only find more ruins. But even further in, my group stumbled upon a Golden Saint who impaled Aroth in the chest. Luck be have it, when I crouched down to take cover, the Golden Saint stumbled over me and fell into the water and droned. the thing couldn't swim I guess. It sank like a rock with all of it's armor.

As we pressed on further we stumbled on an old mage standing by a door. We startled him pretty bad, because we walked up on him during a spell and he accidently turned Grogoth, my orc bodyguard, completely invisible. I guess you could say he is a lost explorer, because we never saw him again. The wizard was the one who put the enchantment up on the door, and apologized for setting us off and turning our friend invisible (who we never could find to reverse the spell), so he offered to enchant my trusty exploration sword with a burning effect. If you ever need an enchanter, this is the place to go, if you are willing to take the trial to find him. With my new sword, I hope I don't accidentaly burn the woods down as I cut down the underbrush.

So Gorgoth, if you ever find this book, the wizard apologizes and wants to reverse your invisibility, so head back to Indoranyon. And you'd better be wearing clothes, because it's a long road back.
haha, pretty good... I like how these books have a sort of "for the common man" type of feel.... but also some humor... good for commoners who want to be adventurers...
Eat your heart out David Bellamy and Robin Day. :lmao:
I like writing these books. They may get kinda repetitive though, so I need people to come up with ideas for more unique ones. To be realistic though, I should make a book where good old Nelos at least gets hurt.
Quote:To be realistic though, I should make a book where good old Nelos at least gets hurt.

What? You can't do that! This guys like the reverse Indiana Jones; no matter how much crap he gets thrown his way, he comes through without a scratch. If you want to be realistic though, maybe he gets a hang nail or stubs a toe? He may have to take a sabatical though, no sense risking serious injuries on an expedition....

Cool
:eek: Nelos in a wheelchair or on crutches? :O Sounds even more dangerous than usual!

Been readin your response to my post here:
Quote:Thing was I was trying to charm the Trainer while hiding from a real mean and vicious Golden Saint and his pals.

- and examining your story - there was a reason that I had to charm the trainer - because if I did not he would attack me! So I would sneak up behind the trainer, release sneak at the instant I started chatting with him, sweet-talk him and then train.

Once I was already chatting I would re-apply the sneak (which sequence avoided my picking his pockets) and that would keep me hidden from both him and the Golden Saint once the training session was completed. This was necessary as the goodwill I would accumulate at the start of the 'training session' would evaporate by the end of it with the friendly factor going from 100% and 'best friends' down to 20% and outright enemies - even though I always paid him to train... Confusedhrug:

Now if you wanted there might be something more you could make of the Master Trainer on the basis of this? Like maybe the Master who seemed to be a mature and vigorous Altmer's memories of his 'least welcome student' a few years before? And just why he always hated him/her?

Also there are a lot of Major Daedra in that Cave system, there is a deep lake with a gigantic plug or upthrust in the center that supports winding airial pathways in the huge cavern at the entry point, one of those gigantic statues on a platform surrounded by lava or fire in one of the other caverns, and several other ruins tunnels and so forth.

The exit from the first cavern is very tricky as there is a gap between the walkway and the ledge at the entrance to the tunnel that, halfway up the wall, leads to the next cavern = an intersection.

There are a couple of chests with odd bits in at odd points.

To enter the final cavern you have to jump from a natural ledge accross a deep chasm (I think) onto a ruined staircase that leads to another 'suspended stone walkway system' that spans another huge drop into another lake - or are they actually pools? At the end of this is a platform with more hard to identify architecture and the door out.

It might be worth your while exploring it if you have a TES3 char strong enough because with someone like Nelos you never know what might happen.

it's been years since I was there, and I hope my memories are accurate - I know there is stuff I have left out.
Merged into the Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek:

The Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek