Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Undead Tang Mo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We should have some undead monkeys (Tang Mo) in our mod Big Grin

Post your suggestions for undead Tang Mo in this thread.

I came up with this idea: we could have shriveled monkey mummies, they would be a retexture of the Tang Mo and resized to be smaller.
They should look gray or almost black and it would be great if the mouth could be sewn shut (i'm not sure if that would be a problem with animation) ?(

As a background we could say that the Ra'Mon (Sea Monkey's) would mummify and shrink their dead, and they would sew the mouth shut for some reason.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
and they would sew the mouth shut for some reason.
Maybe to keep the soul inside the body? You'll need to fill in the details as I've got nothing.
Yeah, that would be a good reason :yes:

The head should also be used as an alchemical ingredient, or just to put it into a showcase :banana:
Throwing in ideas to hopefully add to the discussion.

just to point out: mummifying something isn't the same as creating undead... most mummies are expected to stay that way forever until it finally collapse into dust Smile I could be wrong, but I thought that the Tang Mo folks are supposed to be generally kind and "good"? even if we let the monkey=folk mummify their dead, they don't have to be the ones that create the undead right? Or it could be totally opposite : they mummify their dead to PREVENT the rising of undead : sew up the eyes and ears to shut out the worldly concerns and attachements; cut out the heart to be "returned to the earth" so that the spirit will not be trapped in the body etc etc. just an idea ok? don't get too worked up if you don't agree Wink

Just to provide some possible connections from the lore point, under the current belief of the Wheel (in reincarnation and levels of existence basically), undead are classified as the level of Min, the imprisoned. To be imprisoned such that they can no longer turn with the Wheel (get reincarnated) is regarded as the most wretched form of existence. And any beings who purposely creates undead is regarded as very very bad. (no presents for christmas Wink ) In my current settings, mummies would belong to the 'flesh-trapped' category.

Back to topic :p. Who created the Tang Mo undead? Hopefully, there will be other candidates than the nice, furr... I mean nice monkey-folks.

If there is any interest in "external" candidates for the source of this evil, I recommend two of the Tsaesci Lords which are bad bad bio-researchers:

The Evil (pic) is the Tsaesci Lord who is interested in the mind : mind control, possession, soul-trapping, soul-transference etc.

The Warlock(pic) is the Tsaesci Lord who lost his arms and replaced it with new ones made from sewn together limbs from the dead (even if the "donars" weren't dead, they will be by the time he finished with them). Basically, he experiments a lot with dead body parts e.g. create new creatures/golems made from sewn together limbs. The sewn together eyes/mouth/nose/ear thing would fit in his style.
how about Tang Mo necromancers? the monkeys are known to be a little crazy :yes:
I agree with what Sphr is saying, it's sort of what i wanted.

But there could also be some bad Voodoo monkeys who make the undead mummies.

And yeah, the eyes should be sewn shut...that would be cool.
well, nobody says all members of the race have to be in one faction. The monkey-folks have so many tribes. Why not one ended up enslaved by one the the Tsaesci Lords and was "modified"? The sewn up eyes etc could be the result of a ritual to ensure absolute loyalty (to their Tsaesci creators). They could be given powers and knowledge to raise the dead. Instead of them just creating the mummies, why not let THEM be the mummies themselves. Under the direction of their creators, when they capture monkey-folks of sufficient spiritual energy, they could begin the process which will turn that prisoner into a mummy-like existence like themselves. yes yes... that poor chap is still alive when the mummification starts... a negligible detail (to the voodoo monkeys but definite not to the poor chap being mummified).

lol... maybe in the mainquest, one of those NPC that has befriended the PC can ended up being captured and scheduled for "mummification". Well, the PC can either save that friend at the last minute the old style, or more interestingly, the PC will face his former friend as one of his major enemies....
Maybe a lot of the mummies became undead after the gates to Oblivion opened.

Or some other event caused by a great and powerfull evil.
Stay away from the voodoo. :lmao: Have these little voodoo monkeys living on the coast
Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
Stay away from the voodoo. :lmao: Have these little voodoo monkeys living on the coast

Someone's Troll fan? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2