Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Looking for TESExporter-friendly version of Max
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Specifically, someone out there who has an older version of 3DS Max and the TESExporter plugin who could build a really simple model with a bitmapped two-sided texture used in it and export that into Morrowind format. I'm trying to see if double-sided texes are supported in version 4.0.0.2 using the NiStencilProperty property. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by sacarrow
Specifically, someone out there who has an older version of 3DS Max and the TESExporter plugin who could build a really simple model with a bitmapped two-sided texture used in it and export that into Morrowind format. I'm trying to see if double-sided texes are supported in version 4.0.0.2 using the NiStencilProperty property. Smile

Thanks,
Steve

[Image: RazorwingDoublesidedExperiment.jpg]

As fate would have it I'm back on my old computer at the moment, which might be a good thing in this case because I have 3D Studio Max 4.1 installed on it. (I lost the install file for it so I couldn't set up the old program on my new computer.)

However, I had moderate success since the official exporter (TESExporter) requires that Morrowind is installed, and my old computer doesn't even have a graphics card, so. But I did find another exporter in my list called simply "NetImmerse", and exported the test model with that. I'm not sure where that export functionality came from. But I thought, what the heck, I might as well go ahead if there's any chance the experiment could be of use to you. Smile
A guy over at the NifTools forum sent me the NIFs I requested, so no need for a response here. Here's the message I left there:

Quote:Thanks Axel for sending the NIFs. I'll be happy to forward the RAR file to whomever wants it, but after a little NifSkoping, I can tell you what BethSoft does when given a two-sided material: they double the face number. The one sided had 12 faces, the two sided had 24. No stencil property was there to be found.

Thanks,
Steve

So the NiStencilProperty may exist in version 4.0.0.2, but not as far as TES3 is concerned.

Later,
Steve