Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Spices and agriculture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just remembered there is a fun arabic word: fellah = pronounced felll - ah!

A fellah is sort of farmer - hence we say 'old feller' in English, which is kind of a description or greeting for someone of a certain age who is relatively peaceful and friendly. Now if that was written f'ellah that could be the agricultural caste of the Khajiit - after all they have to grow the plants that the sugar comes from, and catnip! Presumably there is some kind of agriculture there... coffee, tea, mint, spices, etc
hmm...

What do you guys think? How about F'lla?
I think F'lla sounds great!

Dont forget two of Elsweyr's main crops are sugar cane and saltrice (i actually made a plugin with this in it if you want it). coffee seems right at home on the margin between desrt and jungle, as well as around the coasts.
Im gonna have to say, that while coffie is not a modern discovery, the bean simply seems out of place to me.

The saltrice, that snot in vanilla right? If you have a mod with them, then by all means we can use it!
here's a link to the plugin. Wasn't sure where to post this, but here will do.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33623109/Salt...J.esp.html
Spices & Agriculture... I could go on extensively with crop ideas.

All the possible spices...

Saffron...

Cinnamon...

Oh, her is a List of spices.

I wonder how popular fruits are to Khajiits(Mmm... mango). Maybe to the conservative ones who find moon sugar to sacred for use. So look for alternative sweeteners. Maybe Honey? I also wonder how big the pastry & candy industry in eleswyer is.

One could contemplate all the possibilities.
There is a great Volcanic or metoeric Crater in NE Africathatt is full of all sorts of major animals, and once a year they all eat the fruit when it falls from the trees. That includes the usual suspects like elephants, but also the carnivores, especially the Lions - guess what happens when the semi-rotten fruit ferments in their bellies? Ever see a drunken Lion? Or a Lion with a hangover... :yes:

gottit, the serengetti = African National Park link here interestin trees and landscape peoples... real Cat Country!
Shall I draw some of the spices for the Botany Book?
This is a great idea and should be elaborated on;

We should have someone texture up open bags of spices (Ala mid-east bazaar) of every hue and texture. Elsweyr is warm, which means spicy/sweet/saltier foods.
Course JJ

Hows about this among others from Silver_leopard's wiki-list of spices?

Quote:Aglaophotis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Aglaophotis is a fictional herb which is said to grow in the Arabian desert. It has not been identified by modern botanists. References to Aglaophotis and to Orielibos (both of which are said to be magical herbs) are made in the Simon Necronomicon.

The herb is said to produce a crimson liquid. It is supposedly used for expelling demons (its mere presence is said to irritate them), exorcising and dispelling other dark forces, and curing any type of disease.

heh, heh, the more the merrier - and add descriptions as you wish.
Pages: 1 2