Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc17 "Chapel to Akatosh"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
THIS CLAIM IS FINISHED

Claim code (reference):
rpc17 "Chapel to Akatosh"

Architectural Type:
Imperial Chapel (ext.model: priorychapel01, rotation: 0)

Freeform description of this claim:
This is where the non-Dunmer come to worship the Nine Divines, most prominently Akatosh. The Dunmer would refer to this as an 'Imperial Cult' location, which is what Imperial faith was called in TES3. There is also a claim to the chapel's leader's home, rpc16, modded by masbeth.

The reason the chapel is devoted to Akatosh - The Dragon God of Time - is to tie in with the Dragon symbol, which is tied both to the Dragon Legion stationed in town. More information on Akatosh and the other Divines can be found in this article on TIL. (TIL, The Imperial Library website, is the best source there is for Elder Scrolls facts .)

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm and Silgrad_Tower.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.

blue[/HR]

Finished by Razorwing (Rpc35).
Hey can I claim? I have some other projects so if anyone else wants it just give it over to them, but if none does them atleast you can have some peace at mind that your Cathedral will be made.
Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
Hey can I claim? I have some other projects so if anyone else wants it just give it over to them, but if none does them atleast you can have some peace at mind that your Cathedral will be made.

If I recall correctly you're the first, so knock yourself out. Granted :check:
Hmm I have a couple of ideas. One is to put a statue of Akatosh in the place where the circle slab thingy is (sorry don't remember the name). But you know the way in all the other citteis Cathedrals there are pilgramige shrines. Should I put those in?
That could be a good idea, but I don't really know.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
That could be a good idea, but I don't really know.

Well I will get to work soon and see how it looks, then I can post some screenies.
Hmm, there is no interior for Akatosh other than the back. Thats really wierd. What should I do?
You might be able to retex the chapel. I'd do it if I was at home (which is not the university), so you may either have to wait 'till Saturday, or get someone else to do it. What would happen is that you'd take the back piece, replace Stendaar with Akatosh, then vice-versa for the main piece. Hope it helps.
Okay, here it is. The interior of the chapel part is already built, but has no clutter or characters, basically, I did the base via copy & paste. Don't worry, it is clean, I made sure of that.

The name of the cell is RPC17. If you could just use this esp instead of the other, that would simplify things a bit (at least for me anyway). But if you've already started on the undercroft, and hall, and other places, let me know.

You'll see that Akatosh is at the back, and the circular symbols above the main entrance are switched around so that Akatosh is in the centre. This, however, doesn't match the exterior, so I tasked myself with giving you guys a retex to replace it's exterior with. Hope it helps! Smile

http://rapidshare.de/files/25340390/RPC1...s.zip.html

Also, if you know of a better site than rapidshare to upload stuff to, let me know please! Smile

EDIT: Move the contents of the Data folder in the .zip to the Data folder on your computer.

EDIT2: It may complain about shader 1 leaking on shutdown, but ignore it, as it should work fine in-game. I still haven't figured out why it does that.

EDIT3: Change anything you want in the chapel, it took hardly any effort to copy and paste, so be creative if you want to re-organise things. (speaking of which, switch the Akatosh and Stendarr altars around, so that they are underneath their corresponding stain-glass figures.
Thanks TID, I'll work on it as soon as I can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5