Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: basic magic theory 101
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
more useless background Smile

foundation of magic
Quote:Originally posted by sphr
more useless background Smile

foundation of magic

VERY interesting. :goodjob:
I'd love to see Grass Magic implemented.
Consuming foes in a whirlwind of razorgrass...tempting.

I like the computational folks. Reminds me of the calculators from FF Tactics.
"Some particularly powerful or evily-designed items may actually consume the user when used." :chaos:
Yeah, that would be cool Heywood Cool

Sphr, i like the magic lore a lot :goodjob:
And about the map that i was gonna make, it will have to wait a bit longer, my computer just crashed and i'm busy fixing it.
And if that's not bad enough, i have had a lot of "crash to desktops" with the CS for about a week now, it's slowing me down :poorme:
Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
"Some particularly powerful or evily-designed items may actually consume the user when used." :chaos:

Not consume perhaps, but definetly some VERY negative effects. Now if you could get new shaders on that.... Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Quote:Originally posted by Heywood

Not consume perhaps, but definetly some VERY negative effects. Now if you could get new shaders on that.... Big Grin

Well if we do implement spirit gems, that would be perfect for a Maleficus Gem.
Well what if the spells that consumed the user only killed NPC's who used them...maybe when the player uses them you can have them become parylized for like 30 seconds or some crazy amount so they're vunerable but the effects would be really powerful. Kinda a "all or nothing" attack.
Yeah...or the player must find a way to protect him/her self from the deadly effect first Big Grin

Hmmm...that sounds a lot like something in Morrowind, what was it?
Keening? ?(
lol.. that's just a background, and the rest is up to the imagination of our people. I haven't really developed anything beyond the central philosophy for the "Instrumental Magic". The philosophy is that, their spells are not "casted" by people, but are rather "casted" by the items themselves. They see the user/human as a part of the "spell component" (either the trigger, the power source, or even... an exhaustible/disposable component Wink )

I actually still have ideas for many minor schools of magic that will hopefully make Avakir magic more "exotic" (though not necessarily more powerful) compared with Tamriel. If you guys have any good idea, do post them there. I'll definitely welcome any external stimuli to further develop the skeletons.
Pages: 1 2