Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TR's Map 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Howdy

Some of you may already know this but TR has released a BETA for Map 1
which covers mostly the Telvanni NE section of Morrowind

I took the liberty of downloading it ( as I would do for any mod Smile )

I could not play it due to a bunch of animation errors and missing references and of course enevitable CTD

I did look at it in the CS and it is quite nice looking, none of the TR related data files work correctly though and basically anything with a TR prefix is a default marker

TR used a duel esm/esp system where as all the data references are on 1 esm and the land is on the esp. each dependant on the other, I wasn't too pleased with that, but whatever works for them is fine.

They may change that of course for the official release (maybe)
personally I dont think many players and aspiring modders will like not being able to use any of TR's stuff in their own mod building. But thats just me Smile

The layout of the towns/cities/forts looks good and the land layout as well looks appealing, but again its hard to tell from the CS

I didn't see much as far as new items or tile sets, most everything used was stock MW stuff, except for as mentioned above anything with the TR prefix was defaulted ?

Just thought I'd share

BTW... I know some of you all still work with or correspond with TR, you might want to let them know about the default and animation problems, if they dont allready know

I would but they denied my enterance into their elite forum (go figure)

Smile
Bob
I was thinking of downloading it myself. So you weren't able to play it at all?
nope

I got at least 200 error warnings, dialogue, animation, missing ref. missing objects, can't locate scripts etc etc etc lots of them
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
nope

I got at least 200 error warnings, dialogue, animation, missing ref. missing objects, can't locate scripts etc etc etc lots of them

Corrupt download or something with your MW?
Something bad ! for sure I did download it a second time but the same results

and normally I would just fix it myself but since theirs no data files to move around into the right places I can't fix it

I've run into these problems with other mods, expecailly the big ones, Silgrad included, but as long as the data files are their I can move them around into the correct locations so that it all works. but not in this case
I have no Idea where to begin Sad
Too bad man. I guess I'll pass this one.
I'll keep working it
and If I get it to work proper I'll let ya know
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I'll keep working it
and If I get it to work proper I'll let ya know

I'd be gratefull. Wink

Good luck with it. :goodjob:
I got it working fine. I was really awed by how they did Port Telvannis. Are you sure you registered the .bsa file in your Morrowind.ini?
Yes I did

Positively sure of it
Pages: 1 2 3