Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Claim: The Hyper Map - 3rd Era Maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have two maps up on my screen, see:

- the famous 'Risk' style map of Tamriel (try this link) you will note has simple colours, one for each province, just the names of cities, names of a few sub-regions in each Province.

Someone said it is a second era map?

- The other map is an older 'Arena map,' (try this link) far fewer cities, but loads of brown for mountains and green for lowlands and skyrim mostlt white + lovely yellow lava on Vvardenfell Confusedhrug: and they both are innaccurate.

They contradict each other and they contradict in game reality = the fog-of-war play-map and experience, so this gives us some leeway. Wink Are these really to be taken seriously?

They may be useful up to an extent, but I would like to know who really made them, and to what extent we think it can be relied on Lore-wise - someone 'had a stab' and their effort has become popular because it is very clear, and no one else put in so many place names as in the second, so that it has included a lot of useful 'ammo' that a lot of people have used for various reasons.

The 'Risk' map has loads of places, but many are nonsense, and the 'Arena' map is for another era altogther, totally lacking in up to date place detail.

So they are not really good enuf. Mere professionals might accept it - the short and sweet is that it doesn't matter who made them, we modders need a better map.

The Beyond Cyrodiil Community has gone beyond modding a single Province at a time. We need new Maps of Nirn and Tamriel created by someone who is prepared to check and cross-check all the sources and details for contradictions. In fact we need a high quality presentation and Lore reliable 3rd Era Map of Nirn and a more detailed 3rd Era Map of Tamriel

Is there a Champion Cartographer and Loremeister who will take up this claim? Or maybe an absolute beginner who is willing to take the risk of becomming a hero/heroine to the whole ES modding community here and everywhere beyond?

Whoever takes this on will have to check the Bethsoft Lore for the 3rd Era Maps.

Big job for a hands on cartographer or solid team in two phases.

Also, keep notes on what happens and your trials and tribulations might become a book? Big Grin

wajja mean we have maps? so why do people keep lookin for other maps?
yes a better map like say one with akaivir placed on it in the right spaces shesh i cant figure out where the **** it is at all. sorry bout the presumable word btw
Well, maybe someone has a work or school friend who sits all day drawing 'accurate' maps instead of doing 'work'?

ps, no offense, but I hope you are not making a claim with that spelling? akaivir? Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
The 'Risk' map has loads of places, but many are nonsense, and the 'Arena' map is for another era altogther, totally lacking in up to date place detail.

eeh, some.. PM ArthmodeusD, as he is the maker of it... and ask for sources of them.. and i've asked for those I care for.. most are from other maps you know..
That's great Krisi. Suspect that sort of query might take quite some time...
Yeah !!! The first map is great, but when I click the second link it redirects me to the imageshack website, with lots of silly ads, but not an image of Tamriel's map. Could You explain me, how to find this image on that server, or put it on another one, which doesn't flood You with advertisemnt insteed of showing images?
This thread is OLD!

We're gonna need 4E Maps Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
This thread is OLD!

We're gonna need 4E Maps Tongue
Yes, it is. And ArthmodeusD already made two new maps, one in the risk style and one with very precise detail of the landscape:
http://til.gamingsource.net/maps/
three and four are the new ones.
are these new maps considered canon (or the closest thing to) by silgrad?

--- sorry, just noticed how old this thread was.
the maps are as up-to-date as it comes fan creation wise. the political one is essentialy perfect imho since it combines the newest lore city wise with the newest old lore about villages and the like. the topographical map is also acurate, but afaik there is not much info to suport many of the geographical formations. there is no way to really be exact on those. still, his maps are top of the line
Pages: 1 2