Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Discussion Thread about the Library Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seemed unfair not to give everyone the chance for a say - so comments on edited books and finished /modelled books may be made here. :yes:
How's this?

TheImperialDragon has attached this image (reduced version):
[Image: th_5213.jpg]
Yummy, I know what that is, it's a book innit, yer cansn't fool me!

Which book issit?

hmmmmmm.... :thinky bits.gif: :idea1:

gattanymorrathem? :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Yummy, I know what that is, it's a book innit, yer cansn't fool me!

Your intellectual abilities never fail.

Which book issit?

Somethin'

hmmmmmm.... :thinky bits.gif: :idea1:

gattanymorrathem? :yes:

It'll cost yeh, a few pounds each. :lol:

I can probably do some more, but the texture on that one looks more like a painting... (attached is a much earlier version of the texture).

TheImperialDragon has attached this image (reduced version):
[Image: th_5221.jpg]
Just havvin serious thinky bits here... :thinkybits.gif:

That (on it's side view) later model might be a very old volume = ancient? Or from one of the 'beast' races? As in a more primitive presentation. Useful for a 'darker' tale.

If you create a thin square line around the dark area like 'gold tooling' then that would give a more sophisticated look to it as a second option. But I do like the sombre feel of the amorphous dark edge...

The earlier version I feel has a sort of Mystic ambience. That reflective/translucent Blue is magnificent.

I always felt that the true art of art is capitalising on what would otherwise be mistakes and turn them into advantages.

Could you do different coloured versions that equate to the colours of the different Magical Disciplines? Each in Dark and Light versions? Both with and without gold tooling...?

That would enable Authors to associate appropriate stories with different Magical disciplines, as well as giving more choice generally.

raggidman starts drooling as his greed index rises...

Should I rename this the Book Stock Thread? Wink
Could you do different coloured versions that equate to the colours of the different Magical Disciplines? Each in Dark and Light versions? Both with and without gold tooling...?

Could you expand on that please?
In both Daggerfall and Morrowind the 'icons' for spell categories had different colours, eg Red = Destruction etc. What I was thinking is that if in the normal way a book might mirror its contents if magical.

Likewise there are books that teach things = stat or skill increases. If the skill affected is Destruction the Book might have a red cover.

Finally, by doing various versions of the same pattern, but simply changing the colours that gives authors loads of choice?

Colours? Red, Green, Blue, Black, Cream, etc.

So in each colour there would be a:

Book cover 1 per your first graphic;

Book cover 2 per your second graphic;

Book Cover 1 with Gold Tooling;

Book Cover 2 with Gold Tooling.

'course you haven't tried the Gold Tooling thing yet...

edit: just trying to propose quick solutions to increase choice

Since my Morrowind and Daggerfall got wiped and stolen I have to rely on the brain with no mind innit as me mind is elsweyr... Wink check in game if you want to relate the colours to magical disciplines... also, as I do not have a comp that can handle Oblivion Confusedhrug: I guess you would know better than I - well I always assume everyone does... Big Grin It makes me feel safer... :lol: