Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: I need a life (3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

EDIT TID: Continued from Second thread

First thread can be found here

royalblue[/hr]

Thank you heywood, and I admit I am not very familiar with buddhist teachings, but I took a lot away from siddhartha (sp), it was a magnificent book (even if it was written by a german) and I do like some aspects of it such as the belief that all of life is simply a continuing series of reactions (far before other philosophers got there).
Well, now you have a brand new fresh thread to continue discussion. Big Grin You might as well, 'cause of the two hundred post limit, and we just started thread # 3!
Wow. Another entire 200 posts to debate the meaning or lack thereof of life...

I'm still burnt out from the last thread... Big Grin
If I had to say what the meaning of life was, I would say that there needn't be a meaning, but perhaps a meaning of what you do in life. Give your life meaning, and life has all the meaning it needs.

EDIT: Of course, we all know the REAL meaning of life is smileys! Confusedhh:
Wow, I just reread the whole discussion... My brain hurts... Im gonna go grab a bawls from the fridge...
I alredy am drinkin a Monster XXL thank you very much Big Grin and why are you drinkin your bawls :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Thank you heywood, and I admit I am not very familiar with buddhist teachings, but I took a lot away from siddhartha (sp), it was a magnificent book (even if it was written by a german) and I do like some aspects of it such as the belief that all of life is simply a continuing series of reactions (far before other philosophers got there).

Yea, thats what I find so interesting about Buddhism. To me its really not a religion, but rather a philisophical outlook on life. In a way it can be applied to any other religion and still make sense. Take for instance a few cardinals and bishops are also Zen masters. And yea the veiw of life as simply a continuous string of events where nothing is permanant is intriguing. Buddhism also goes along with your notion that we are no more important than anything else on the planet, since they believe that everyone and everything on the planet (inlcuding the planet itself) are interconected, the only thing sepparating a human from a rock is the layers of dukkha (loosely translated as suffering) that one has stripped away from your inner conciousness. If you get a chance I'd recomend reading "What the Buddha Taught", its an amazingly interesting book.
Ooo speaking of Buda I have one of the book's ive read some of it and yeah its not realy a religion its more of a way of life that is ment to be peacefull and calm with a respect for the earth in all its beauty. No I am not a Budist I am my own person not defined by any term of bounds such as religion or belife system my belifes are purely basied on my experiences and my own life. Oh btw i now have a life got a job as a car porter.
Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
Ooo speaking of Buda I have one of the book's I've read some of it and yeah its not realy a religion its more of a way of life that is ment to be peacefull and calm with a respect for the earth in all its beauty. No I am not a Budist I am my own person not defined by any term of bounds such as religion or belife system my belifes are purely basied on my experiences and my own life. Oh btw I now have a life got a job as a car porter.

Bah, I preffer Vodoo. Wink No real religion, just mixture of beliefs. Different outlook on the world.
Ha, voodoo is nothing more than a poor localization of a voodun.
Pages: 1 2