Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tavern music - all cites in morrowind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I once heard of a MW mod putting live bands in every tavern. This adds so much immersion and gives the true, good tavern feel to it. So therefore I say: let's do it too! we have a lot of music and a lot of great composers here. For example A theme to shop by - Bobbyhood is a wonderful tune for a more civilised bar, maybe some faster music for other taverns.

Anyway, is this a good idea or what? Of course the aim would be a different tune for every inn, but maybe we could categorize the taverns and match the tunes accordingly (so you only have to create one or two wild tunes, one or two romantic, etc.)
Of course it's a good idea, but it would be crazy to have that many songs. One for each Inn, so it could be region specific.
you're probably right, so how about making categorizing the taverns:

-Civilized
-Romantic
-Wild
-Creepy/dirty
-Other

so there should be like 5 tunes, attached to the appropriate taverns.
Ebbedin should get the creepy one, the only problem is that the tavern is outside....we could put a trigger zone that will work every time the player walks in and play the music, and then a dulled sound as they walk away. But good idea.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Ebbedin should get the creepy one, the only problem is that the tavern is outside....we could put a trigger zone that will work every time the player walks in and play the music, and then a dulled sound as they walk away. But good idea.

I'm sure it could be scripted
It probably could be scripted. At the entrances of the tavern we will place two sets of two trigger zones (those green boxes). the set on the inside half will trigger the music and the set on the outer half will disable the music. that would work.