Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0413 "Weapon shop" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Area07_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]'Bold visionary, artisan, poet, master architect of Soluthis' - thus reads the plaque honoring Kali Gulas, one of the city's founders and reknowned historical figure in Redoran culture. Today, "Kali Gulas Square" is a quaint neighbourhood in a bustling city, but back when the man built his house (#05) there was nothing but rocks and trees as far as the eye could see. His descendants still live in their forefathers homestead, tending to the park.[/blockquote]

House type: Hole
Claim size: Medium
Neighbourhood: Watergaze Falls

"Servant of Death" is an all-purpose weapon shop where the player can buy anything from the lowliest club to the mightiest axe and everything inbetween. The shop has a great strategic location and will likely get a lot of attention from players whom are on their way out of Soluthis in search of adventure. So, the shop fills the pragmatic purpose of giving the player a chance to stock up before heading out, but that doesn't mean it has to be a boring place. For instance you could concoct your own enchantments and sell unique magical weapons to the player, or why not scope around the community and see if there's a cool weapon you can bring in that in all of Silgrad Tower can only be found in your shop? But those are just some ideas from me, I'm sure you have ideas of your own on how to make the place feel like yours.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis0413, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
Can I claim this? It seems like a good starting place. Smile
I already got the .bsas from Sandor, so there's no need to send them again. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by WTFimLEET
Can I claim this? It seems like a good starting place. Smile
I already got the .bsas from Sandor, so there's no need to send them again. Smile

Go right ahead :goodjob:
Excellent, any wealth restrictions? Is he poor/rich or is that my choice?
(I can't expect him to be poor as he owns a shop, but you never know..)
Quote:Originally posted by WTFimLEET
Excellent, any wealth restrictions? Is he poor/rich or is that my choice?
(I can't expect him to be poor as he owns a shop, but you never know..)

Hmm... that's a good question. I would say inbetween middle-class and upper-class, not quite wealthy enough to use glass cutlery but well-off enough to have plenty of redware and some other nice trinkets. His level of wealth should be sortof on par with the stock you choose for his shop, like if he sells silver axes he can't very well sit on the floor eating a can of beans hehe. Other than that, for me the most important rule of thumb is to avoid using models from the main game unless there's no other choice. Not counting weapons, where using models from the main game is pretty much the only choice (right now).
Awesome, thanks.

blue[/HR]
:alert: 12.04.2009

WTFimLEET you were last active on 06.09.2008 05:04.
If you want to reclaim this interior when not claimed, please do so.

sandor
I will take on this claim.
Didnt we have some kind of 'resin' object? Like a bug resin or something.
It is finished.

The exterior building was bleeding into the ground quite a bit so I corrected it.

I am attaching an error I received when viewing the exterior door location. I am not sure what it means.

I created 'a pot of bug resin' for this and any other claims it may be needed.

I populated the shop with mostly Chitin and Bonemold armor and weapons.

Gulel Beleth creates the Chitin weapons being sold as well as repairs and trains in armorer.

Iduama Beleth creates the armor being sold.

There is some Indoril armor on shelves in the bottom level/living area. This armor is being repaired or sold to Ordinators. As we all know Ordinator armor is off limits. Smile

I hope you like the interior RW Smile
The file has been merged.

Nice work. :goodjob:

It's a NIF error, I'll contact Koniption.
Pages: 1 2