Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Interesting Modeling Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, someone over at ESF linked to this vid on youtube. It's short, but useful to look at I think. It pretty much is the way I go about modeling poly by poly in a way (which is why I like it i guess :yes: ). Thought it would be useful to those who are still getting their feet wet modeling wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTs_o56oj5c
Holy crap! Speed up all the way? Big Grin That software beats Blender like... like... seriously!

Anyone tried recruiting that guy?
Yep, thats XSI...cool program from what I've seen messing around with it. I hope there's a part 2 coming out...I really wanna see more of his workflow cause theres always new things I can learn from watching other people work. :yes:
can you model in that way with 3Ds Max? if you can, could someone explain to me how?
I would assume so Nerbod. Max should have some sort of Extrude Edge tool I would imagine wich was what that video showed mostly. He just had the geometry instanced across the X axis so that whatever he did on the original would be mirrored on the other side. That and snapping the new verts to the existing ones to create the surface...not sure how you do that in Max, in Maya its just hold down the "V" key and move the vert into place.
Aye, it does have an extrude edge/face tool. And it has a snap to vertex function, although I'm not familiar with the hotkey.
If I could find the hotkey for Snap to Vertice, that would be grand. Big Grin

Anyway, to model like that in Max, hit F4 to see the lines, then right-click, select Editable Mesh (Or Poly), then either press 2 or select the Line tool. Then Shift-click and drag to wherever you want it to go. That clones the lines and makes a surface between them. Easy as pie. Of course, this guy is just really really good. Big Grin
Zarf... You use Max?
Yes. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Why do you ask?
Who is this person, when are they joining us, and how are they that good that fast?
Pages: 1 2