Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: the University of Silgrad seeks premises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:raggidman to Psychotic: "Maybe there is an NPC to be created here - the Weatherman - who travels around the Empire investigating climatological anomolies?

Probs he is an alumni of the University of Silgrad Geographical Faculty

- btw, is someone going to model the University of Silgrad? - this is the second such idea - J'KJ had a thought about a Botanical Faction that would have members all over the continent, even the world offering quests and such - and I thought it could be the University of Silgrad - and now I am thinking that it might all tie in... ?"

There are likely to be a number of ideas for botanical, fauna and other 'mundane' knowledge quests popping up. Question is can this be more fun if tied into an institution and 'societies' whose fundamental interest is in understanding the world?

There is a wonderful location being initially modeled in the TES3 ST by bob###### (= with lotsa numbers) inspired by a TES3 book about a Garden that I discovered and Wink 'upgraded' - just a bit.

And this seems to link into an Elsweyr botanical quest being developed by JKJ...

Also it does occur that the Mages and Fighters and other Guilds and religious groups might have Faculties of their own within the University...

Then there could be the delicate question of Funding by special groups, including scholarships, 'interference and patronage by the powers that be, and most importantly vicious infighting among the Faculties for the biggest cut! :yes:

ideas? Confusedhrug: - also this might attract 'loremeisters' from other projects...
Howdy

Too Cool... dont know bout the wonderful part yet Smile

I had actually considered the university thing, TES III has a mod called "Balmora University" it was very nice for training purposes but had no related quests

My thoughts on Changing this and adding a Similar University to Silgrad
would be to add The University of Morrowind, Silgrad, School of Magic (specializing Alchemy) and also having a School of Chivalry (Knightly Orders)

Their would be several quests in order to reach the graduation point and once completed you receive a diploma.

Those who wish to enter into the Alchemy you must have a written recommendation from a notable Alchemist (which their will be a few with quests to gain their favor) and once completed with the training, the PC will recieve offers to do certain quests ( a few of them ) involving their specialty....

The Chivalry will come into play once we are able to get some of the Knight Orders in place in the TESIII Version. My thought here is: If the player joins a Temple (these temples will not be generic, but specific to the diety they wish to serve)
once they obtain a certain rank (undetermined at this time) they will be offered an opportunity to either continue with the spiritual studies or persue a Knightly Order, if the latter is chosen, then off they go to the University. with training and a few quests, once training is complete they return with degree in hand and are promtly knighted in the order and given some stuff to do.... (what I do not know) Big Grin

Any thought onany of this?

Bob
Similar????

Love the Knightly Orders bit - grrr - no Balmora university - only in Silgrad is there a known University - read the Botany Books! proved see! Tongue

Was thinking that the Mages Guild might have a Psyjiic hidden in there - to recruit a replacement for Sotha-Sil or something... could provide an option for very high level questing...

We have someone who is modding an Alchemy Guild in ESF, and has considered the idea of extending it here - but your post does make me consider that the Alchemist's Guild could be headquartered in the University... ?

Actually, if this can go ahead methinks that it needs to start in TES3 bob##### - and it might be that in TES3 that it was a disparate group in several different locations, with questing to bring them together following the discovery that Sotha-Sil is dead and rumours of the problems in the Temple intensifying, so someone decides to set up a university as they are unsure that the Temples will really have time in future to continue offering the kind of education that they had done in previous years...

That would allow for the inclusion of a new building in a way that will work for the old TES3 fans, and prepare the way for a possible TES4 University - probs well outside the actual City?
If I recall, Sotha Sil had abandoned the order itself years and years ago...
:banana: that means they have been searching for a replacement teacher for a looong time... school's out! Wink
What makes you think that's even in their plan?
Indeed !

Similar is a bad choice of words. A University ! Smile

Those "plans" are far beyond what my simple intentions are for a University in Silgrad, but easily implimented once in place

Let it be written ! Let it be done !

I will proceed accordingly and keep a close eye to whatever the TESIV thoughts might be

Thanks
Bob
Confusedhrug: what can I say Hraf, it's in my plan - and if that specific happens or an equivalent happens is fine with me... :yes:

Thing is that where there is a choice of something or nothing I usually prefer something. 'course, if you have an alternative to offer that would be fine... Wink

Think of it this way:
- I am not expending all my effort second-guessing Bethsoft when they do not know what they will do themselves;
- I have no idea if there will be another ES game;
- I have no idea, if there will be another ES, whether Todd will be making the next ES game;
- I have no idea whether, if Tod does go (maybe because his gets kidnapped by Sheogorrath) , his replacement/s will have a clue about Lore, etc...

What can I do about this? Natch I have my own plans...
My plan is to:
- get as close to the things I understand about ES, and expand from them;
- watch what others create and help how and wherever I can to improve that;
- try not to criticise without offering a better or other positive alternative;
- be accepting of my own and other's limitations and make them work for us all;
- oppose things that I have no better solution for only in extreme circumstances;
- be flexible in my thinking and actions in the sure and certain knowledge that there will be stuff that does not fit, and that I can ALWAYS find ways to make it fit (if people want it to);
- be nice to Hraf...

Well there's other stuff, but it's a start... eh? Hope you agree with that last one... Wink
This sounds like a great idea. I hope someone models this for TES4! Big Grin
If Razorthingy (who hopefully comes back from his hols full of beans), and whoever is Mayoring the area Bob#####s decides to locate his original campus like the idea, then they might make it a claim... but i think how it works could be different with each mod.

In some areas the researchers and representatives of this (hopefully [heh - the academic world = the most cutthroat in existance] impartial) institution may be more welcome by different factions than others - and that might be affected by who has offspring that they want to send to the University...

Hopefully Hraff will create a faction or a quest about a faction that is trying to destroy the University - nothing like true venom to add realism to a quest! Wink
Pages: 1 2