Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: suggestion : a memberlist cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this is the best place to post it , if it is not , move it please . Silgrad tower has over 2000members , but most of them , i guess 1600-1700 of them has not a singe post ! Why are these accounts with 0 posts still here ? They are only a waste of internet space. I think there should be a clea,op deastroyning all accounts with 0 posts older than 1 month .
Or send them some sort of e-mail reminding them of this forum. It's been done before and it worked.
yes , ad who doesnt do anything 1 week after the e-mail should be removed . Should get us rid of a lot of useless 0 posts accounts
An email to all of these people would be splendid. A great way to get them interested in our mods!
First of all, most accounts really don't take up much internet space, and secondly, I kinda like the fact that we have over 2000 members (at least for appearance reasons. Big Grin ). Anyhow, I see absolutely no reason to delete those accounts. Web space is doing alright (at the moment) and it isn't good PR to delete user accounts.
but it isnt bad either(many mods does so to keep people active etc..).. Email should be done... and then possiblens removing after a while..
I would have to concur with TID not good PR, would give the feeling that ST wants its members to contribute something or leave.

If and when a clean up is need

1) Set up an account activation bar
2) send an E mail to everyone with 0 posts or who havent been on the site in the last 9 months
3) ask them to re-activate by visiting the site to re-activate
4) give them 30 days

Those that still have an interest will and those that don't won't

After 30 days send another E mail out to the ones that don't and advise them that their account is no longer active and they may rejoin when desired, thank them for being part of Silgrad Tower

Bob
ofc they dont need acunts to lurk.. it doesnt show a hidden board or something..
But accounts are required to see attached things.
How about emailing everyone with this kindof message:
---
If you haven't posted yet on our forums but wish to keep your account, please post *here* (that should be a thread where everyone can post without having to say something).
If your post count will remain 0 for the next 30 days, your account will have to be deleted.
---

But than in a formal manner
Pages: 1 2