Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Hm.. Thinking about joining you guys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Yep, I'm thinking maybe about joining your team.. Not sure if you need help, but I'll post this anyways.

I'm making a small island with a town and maybe a quest with it, to show some projects what I can do with the CS and 3DS Max, and you're the first project I've come to.. I just started the island yesterday, and I've only put about an hour into it, so I only have the shape of the island, and most of the town done, no landscaping yet..

You intrested?
Hello Sunsetter,

and welcome to Silgrad Tower :wave:

Anybody offering her or his help is more than welcome in our midst, so the answer to your question is a definite 'yes'.

Be warned though that those, who know their ways with 3DS Max, might find themselves up to their ears with requests in no time Wink, especially since Bethesda doesn't allow to use Morrowind models for Oblivion.

But I'm looking forward to your island and hope to see some screenies whenever you decide to show us what you've done.

Good luck with your project and enjoy your visit in our humble home.

Greetings

Quentin
[Image: thumb_Sunsetter_Island_draft_3.jpg]

That's what I've done so far, I know not much, but that's what the basic layout of the village will be like.

Also on my photobucket you can find almost all of my sword models.
That's... that's.... beautiful. *Sniff*
Sunsetter: Hello and welcome to Silgrad Tower!

I see your island is in 2, -20. Not quite sure where that is... but somewhere around Almalexia maybe, in the central mainland? A very long way from Silgrad Tower, in any situation. If you were given an exterior cell in or adjacent to our landmass, would you consider rebuilding your island there?

-14, -2 or -14, -1 might be well suited in that case; it's the two cells where the giant island makes a bend eastwards. Then again horisontal -18 to -13 in vertical 7 is basically empty as well, so that would give you more room to play with. Alternatively we could theoretically expand our landmass westward as well; west, from our landmass' point-of-view, is the only direction where it wouldn't conflict with other mods. Exanding it would mean more work, though.

Looking forward to following the development of your project Smile
Did you make any interiors yet? I could do some for you, I live, breath, and eat interiors.

I see you've got the i-tunes going on also. Smile

And try more vegetation, place looks kinda bare.
Quote:I see your island is in 2, -20. Not quite sure where that is... but somewhere around Almalexia maybe, in the central mainland? A very long way from Silgrad Tower, in any situation.

I wasn't intending on making this as a part of Silgrad tower.. This is way too small for something that I'd want to put into that, I was just going to use it as an example to show you what I can do in the CS, and if you could use anything in those areas.

And about flora, I'm adding that right now, I have most of the village and Daedric shrine done, so I just need to go through and finish the land texturing along with landscaping. That's all I'm worrying about right now.

EDIT: If you wanted me to add it on to Silgrad, I can use TESFaith for that too..

Edit:
Screenshot post..
The village so far..
[Image: thumb_Sunsetter_Island_draft_4.jpg]

The Daedric shrine.. I have alot to do with this!
[Image: thumb_Sunsetter_Island_draft_5.jpg]
Wow, it's getting better and better. :goodjob:

Oh and would it be possible to get a closer shot of one of the buildings? They look really good, but I'd like to see more of them.

Greetings

Quentin
Sunsetter: Looking good! The daedric shrine is looking very interesting. I wouldn't mind a couple of close-up shots either. Feel free to attach the images to your posts, that way they auto-thumbnail and it's easier to get an overview of the images. Plus, our server is very fast Big Grin

I've attached an editorshot with markings of Silgrad Tower's southwestern landmass from the latest internal release. I would suggest to Quentin that you get free hands on molding your area (mainly) in -27, -7. The benefit of this cell is a) there are 0 references, meaning you won't undo someone else's work as well as the fact that you can get started right away b) there's already a road set up along the eastern border of -27, -6, which currently is blocked by an invisio-wall. The road could be continued down to your cell.

If you get -27, -7 I would suggest that you extend yourself into -27, -8 and -27, -6 but close off access to all surrounding cells except the north one with invisio-walls. That way the player trekking down there would just see a very nice mountain valley and not realize that there's nothing beyond the surrounding mountains. In that case, build the surrounding mountains sloping upwards in a steep incline, making it impossible for a player to walk or hop up them, which would be the first failsafe of restricting players from travelling out of bounds. The invisiowalls are the other failsafe, if the player gets creative.

I'd also suggest just loading up Morrowind+Tribunal+Bloodmoon+ST and your plugin as the active file, then pick everything up from your cells and move it en masse to your new place, then press F and then align the objects vertically to how they should be. You might want to customize the landmass in the new cell first, of course. I'm not saying you *must* do it like that, if you feel using TESFaith is easier then go right ahead.

Everything pending Quentin gives the go-ahead, of course. Personally I think it would be a positive solution. Smile

Then again if you want to start completely from scratch on another project for ST then that's totally ok too. Making a village interesting can be rather daunting, I would imagine.
I don't think that I'm wrong to assume that my eloquent previous poster wants your work to be part of Silgrad Tower. Big Grin And to be honest - I agree.

But the final decision is yours, of course and take your time to think it over.

In any case, before you start moving your work, wait until tomorrow evening (about 22.00 h GMT +1). The last day of the first half of year holds something in store. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10