Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [WIP] Guide to Rimmen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For my interrior, Khajiit Reformist, I wanted to write up a Guide to Rimmen. Anyways, I was wondering if the Guides to ______ should be written from an Imperial bias, or from a Khajiit point of view?

edit (copied from your post below) by raggidman:

Quote:
Guide to Rimmen
By: Kiseen
Hello, traveller. Welcome to the city of Rimmen! I shall outline the basics of this city, but the real beauty is only your own to find.

Rimmen was once an Akaviri town set aside by the Empire to hold refugees. The Empire oversaw and helped in its construction, and the Akaviri men were both grateful for their mercy, but equally resentful to those who were once their enemies. For more detailed information, I would highly recommend the book, ?Akaviri Exodus?. Sadly, Old Rimmen was burned, but its memory lives, as the ruins can still be visited today.

With the Akaviri presence gone, Rimmen was rebuilt, more Imperialized than before. The wonderful architecture was based on Skingrad, which can be found in Cyrodiil. It serves as a friendly introductory city, of sorts. Its proximity to the Cyrodiilic border allows immigration to happen easily, and its Imperial-style serves for people to become accustomed to the desert, while in a familiar setting.

The largest landmark of the city is a large peak, where the highest class citizens reside. There, the ones who can afford it grow grass, to add a pleasant feel. Lower down the peak, are the middle class. And, at the far lowest, there are those who unfortunately could not afford the luxurious housing closer to the peak, however even their houses are colorful and well made.

The city has a variety of residents and services. Stay at the ?Enchanted Bread and Ale? tavern, or get fine armor and weapons from local blacksmiths and adventurers, Rindar and Rhijn, from their shop, ?Rindar and Rhijn?s Arms and Armors?, or for both the apprentice and the master mage, shop at ?Of Sun and Sand?, where you can get unique enchanted gems, which allow just anyone to enchant their wares without any magical skill.

I will leave the rest to you, dear reader. Enjoy your stay in Rimmen, but do not limit yourself; the sands seem harsh and biting, but they are warm and friendly in Elsweyr.
Slightly edited.
really depends who wrote them Tongue I'd say a Imperial who dont mind Khajiits..
That has to be a political question... who is really in control of information and how?

It is true that in Morrowind the Imperials do that sort of thing everywhere as they are trying to impose their shakey grip on a formally unconquered people.

Elsweyr is different: as they might seem to be generally more comfortable with the Empire (Rimmen excluded as I understand there was historically a massacre of sorts there?) would the 'grip' of the Empire be lighter or tighter in that location?

This is a 'good* question' and comes back to 'feel' - plus how comfortable is the Empire's absorbtion of a beastman race? How many Imperials want to be in Elsweyr - especially as it must be very hard to make a profit 'with all those theiving Khajiit around'? Wink And how do they do business there?

heh = more questions for you... Confusedhrug:

* for good read major... :eek:

really I hope everyone will put their 10cents in as it is kind of a mod-wide thing that will affect every town, and if we come up with different solutions for different locations then I will be very happy as that might fit with the broad diversity of Khajiit-kind...
Written from the point of view of a khajiit pellitine born, raised in rimmen.

Kind, but from the cultural standpoint of the khajiit.
I think it should be from a Khajiit point of view. A way of welcoming outsiders into the province and cities
Quote:
Guide to Rimmen
Hello, traveller. Welcome to the city of Rimmen! I shall outline the basics of this city, but the real beauty is only your own to find.

Rimmen was once an Akaviri town set aside by the Empire to hold refugees. The Empire oversaw its construction, and the Akaviri men were grateful for their mercy, but equally resentful to those who were once their enemies. For more detailed information, I would highly recommend the book, ?Akaviri Exodus?. The Old Rimmen was burned, and its ruins can still be visited today.

Rimmen was rebuilt, more Imperialized than before. The architecture was based on Skingrad, found in Cyrodiil. It serves as an introductory city, of sorts. Its proximity to the Cyrodiilic border allows immigration to happen more easily, and its Imperial-style serves for people to become accustomed to the hostile desert, while in a familiar setting.

The center of the city is a large peak, where the highest class citizens reside. There, the ones who can afford it grow grass, to add a pleasant feel. Lower down the peak, are the middle class. And, at the far lowest, there are those who unfortunately could not afford the luxurious housing closer to the peak.

The city has many residents and services. Stay at the ?Enchanted Bread and Ale? tavern, or get fine armor and weapons from local blacksmiths and adventurers, Rindar and Rhijn, from their shop, ?Rindar and Rhijn?s Arms and Armors?, or for both the apprentice and the master mage, shop at ?Of Sun and Sand?, where you can get unique enchanted gems, which allow just anyone to enchant their wares without any magical skill.

I will leave the rest up to you, dear reader. Enjoy your stay in Rimmen, but do not limit yourself; the sands seem harsh and biting, but they are warm and friendly in Elsweyr.

What do you think so far?
Through some more flowery speak in there, but I love it so far, nice plug fr akivari exodus.
Quote:
Guide to Rimmen

Rimmen was once an Akaviri town set aside by the Empire to hold refugees. The Empire oversaw and helped in its construction, and the Akaviri men were both grateful for their mercy, but equally resentful to those who were once their enemies. For more detailed information, I would highly recommend the book, ?Akaviri Exodus?. Sadly, Old Rimmen was burned, but its memory lives, as the ruins can still be visited today.

With the Akaviri presence gone, Rimmen was rebuilt, more Imperialized than before. The wonderful architecture was based on Skingrad, which can be found in Cyrodiil. It serves as a friendly introductory city, of sorts. Its proximity to the Cyrodiilic border allows immigration to happen easily, and its Imperial-style serves for people to become accustomed to the desert, while in a familiar setting.

The largest landmark of the city is a large peak, where the highest class citizens reside. There, the ones who can afford it grow grass, to add a pleasant feel. Lower down the peak, are the middle class. And, at the far lowest, there are those who unfortunately could not afford the luxurious housing closer to the peak, however even their houses are colorful and well made.

The city has a variety of residents and services. Stay at the ?Enchanted Bread and Ale? tavern, or get fine armor and weapons from local blacksmiths and adventurers, Rindar and Rhijn, from their shop, ?Rindar and Rhijn?s Arms and Armors?, or for both the apprentice and the master mage, shop at ?Of Sun and Sand?, where you can get unique enchanted gems, which allow just anyone to enchant their wares without any magical skill.

I will leave the rest to you, dear reader. Enjoy your stay in Rimmen, but do not limit yourself; the sands seem harsh and biting, but they are warm and friendly in Elsweyr.
Slightly edited.
Hmmmm... Very nice and relaxed... want a couple of tweaks? - suggestions only? And when do you need this by?
Comments and criticsms are always welcome, as long as they're constructive.
Pages: 1 2