Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ballad of dagon(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just an old poem of mine I edited slightly to fit the world of Oblivion. I'm thinking perhaps it could be written in Skyrim or Daggerfell. Either that, or it could be a book that starts to appear in the world after the completion of the main quest. Enjoy

The editor isn't co-operating. The poem is supposed to be a series of rhyming couplets, each set of which is concluded by a single, non-rhyming line.
----------------------------------

You who observe the burning hells,
The last ringing of Tamriel?s eternal bell, The gate to whence such evil untold, Will issue forth, to shape and mould, In infernal light, your world destroyed, The demons home, the nothingness void, But, kind pilgrim, if I may ask, What strange occurrence, causes you to pass? Not well traveled is this path, nor Well liked, it is feared for, The same reason I now stand, Before your face, and now command, A simple request is all I wish, And your response, you must list, Why are you here? Dear, kind sir, do not test, A traveller, I am, no more, no less, But a request is yours, and thus I must honour, The reason I am here, hell-bound horror, Is the opposite yours, for you must protect, This infernal gate, were it wrecked, Your soul would rend, your mind would shatter, But to me, a human, that is no matter. A simple request is all I ask, And you must honour this simple task, Stand aside, foul beast, allow, This oblivion gate to perish now! You shall not stop me! Foolish your words,Have you not heard? I am not living, and so that blade, Will not harm, but be thrice repaid, Leave now, churl, there is still time, Before I slay you, your soul be mine, One more ounce to the infernal gate, And soon, the bonds upon it break, And into your world pours evil untold, To issue forth, to shape and mould, Your mortal world, and then unravel, Each fibre of your reality, your useless rabble, Stand down, young knave,Your blade can?t harm, Your presence here is of no alarm,
Leave before I decide to add your soul to my repertoire.
My poor friend, you don?t understand, I have no mere blade in hand, Designed it was by Akatoshs? will, Before it your infernal power?s nil, I ask once more, stand down, fall back,Or your body this blade shall tear and wrack! This gate will fall! Go ahead, attack me, It shan?t stop me, no,Back to Oblivion my soul shall flow Lord Dagon?s coming will be as foretold Though you may halt me, others will go The Mythic Dawn, they serve us well, The mortal servants of immortal hell So go ahead, kill me, I?ll live again And in short order your life shall end Go ahead, kill me,it will be in vain The gates will open, releasing pain My Lord Dagon is coming soon If you try to stop him, You are a fool. Lord Dagon, he is coming forthwith To retake what is rightfully his. Your world shall be ours once more.
Well, that sounds really good, but I am curious as to a use. What about a poem written about you after the oblivion gates are closed?
I like the style of how it was written. It would make a good story-telling novel, I like it.
As it happens I've been reading and re-reading this... it has something, buuuut I am not sure how we could use it because it is undeniably Main Quest oriented, and is something which appears to written almost from the pov of a player's personal experience... which is a fan thing rather than a mod thing...

But there again some mods will be opening Gates (and no doubt with the intent of closing them Wink )

Actually the style is so broken that I am wondering if the 'hero' - who appears to be something of a liar, or at least somewhat self-contradictory - is actually a devotee of Sheogorrath? And the reason he has decided to close this gate is that he is crazy Confusedhrug:

Well, yeah I want to use it, but how? - it would have to be adapted in some way and to a specific purpose if you can, or if that is alright with you I may?

Aaaargh, where are my manners Azrius, :wave: welcome to Silgrad Tower et al.
Doesn't really fit in with our timeline I'm afraid, since it's unlikely anyone would have got around to writing poems about the Oblivion Gates and publishing them in so short a time. But it could be used for a TES5 mod in the future.