Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Attention All Members, New and Old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are two things we would like to ask everybody to do when joining Silgrad Tower:

First, please familiarize yourself with our [TEAM] Silgrad Tower's Team Guidelines . These guidlines are in effect for ALL the boards, including affiliates hosted here.

Second, please learn the layout of the Silgrad Tower boards. All hosted Beyond Cyrodiil projects are located under the title "Beyond Cyrodiil". All others are SILGRAD TOWER boards, aside from the Visual Dev and Acoustic Dev boards. Please do not come to any of these mods with the intent to recruit for another.

Regards,
The Silgrad Tower Core.
Hmm... how come this is opened just now?
just to say.. this is wrong place.. Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Hmm... how come this is opened just now?

In light of quite a few posts that have garnered unecessary attention for the wrong reasons, such as turning a discussion on Silgrad into recruiting thread for another mod. It's quite irritating.
Appreciate that... how do you feel about newcomers who are not familiar with the boards who have expressed an interest in other mods?

The structure of the entire Forum actually buries the Beyond Cyrodiil mods at the moment, right?

The automatic functions do not go to a page where all the Beyond Cyrodiil Mods (including Silgrad Tower) are equally presented - so newcomers go to ST first even if they are interested in other mods.

I would have been happy to keep the name Silgrad Tower as the web site name, and thought the whole idea of the name Beyond Cyrodiil is because ST is recognised as being (maybe the leading member but still) part of a larger community.

Personally I do not want anyone to feel that the mods are competing against each other, or should worry about resource grabbing...

?(

mind you, if a discussion goes too far off, the h=the mod should step in and split the thread? k?
I actually think that BC and ST should be more united, we look so seperated right now, I am a member of ST AND BC, I post wherever I think my post is needed and most of us do. THe Beyond Cyrodiil projects seem to be classed inferior to ST mainly because of the time of being there and size of the forums. We should unite and get this done together, not seperated.

That's at least what I think about it.
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Appreciate that... how do you feel about newcomers who are not familiar with the boards who have expressed an interest in other mods?

The structure of the entire Forum actually buries the Beyond Cyrodiil mods at the moment, right?

The automatic functions do not go to a page where all the Beyond Cyrodiil Mods (including Silgrad Tower) are equally presented - so newcomers go to ST first even if they are interested in other mods.

I would have been happy to keep the name Silgrad Tower as the web site name, and thought the whole idea of the name Beyond Cyrodiil is because ST is recognised as being (maybe the leading member but still) part of a larger community.

Personally I do not want anyone to feel that the mods are competing against each other, or should worry about resource grabbing...

?(

mind you, if a discussion goes too far off, the h=the mod should step in and split the thread? k?

You're free to disagree with our decisions and argue against them, but when the foundation your arguments stand on is faulty then it's hard to have a productive discussion. This is not Beyond Cyrodiil's forum. This forum is not hosted on Beyond Cyrodiil's website. This is Silgrad Tower's forum - hosted, managed, and paid for by us. That is the correct foundation for any argument.

In my mind we've done all we can to make the affiliated projects feel at home on our forum without compromising our own interests. If I were to do anything to compromise Silgrad Tower's best interest then my presence in the core would legimitably be in question. However I'm confident that day won't come anytime soon, since Silgrad Tower is where my concern begin and end.

Let's turn the question the other way around instead and explore that. If I were an affiliated project, how would I maximize the benefit of having my forum hosted by Silgrad Tower? For one, I would have my website explain the process of registering on the forum and then link directly to the root forum board of my forum section whenever I could, including main links at the top of the website. And then, I would promote the website as the main source of information for my mod. With a setup like that it stands to reason I would keep most of the members on my forum section, not only directly - because they would be funneled to it when clicking my links - but also because they would either bookmark the website or my forum section.

When you think about how much an affiliated project can do for themselves I find no reason to re-evaluate our forum structure or anything else for that matter. I don't presume to speak for the project leaders but I would imagine most of them are content with the hosting otherwise they would have left. Perhaps that is because, as I mentioned earlier, they do see their own forum section as the natural starting point and are already funneling visitors directly to it.
Though I dislike how he presented it, as silgrad has chosen to host these affiliated projects, but Razorwing is right, the project leaders discussed this and we came to the conclusion that the forum should remain structured as it is, and that the tavern is to remain silgrad only, if you need to try recruiting these new members, perhaps a PM is in order.
Remember that someone actually pays for this stuff, and that someone deserves to have his project at the top of HIS forums. :yes:

[muttering]...ungrateful brats...[/muttering] Big Grin
I actually never knew that this was all being paid for....

Anyway, I am not commenting on the way the forum is set up, just on the fact that the strictness in which the division between the projects is being managed is significantly increasing.
Pages: 1 2 3