Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: House Indoril Sponsors the foundation of the U of S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:banana: The University of Silgrad is proud to announce that it has found a home, and its Indoril founders and their Cerro Confusedhh: Clan landlords may be be sendin questers your way - hmm hmmm that is research projects in Vvardenfell! Also looking for sponsers offering research grants from Vvardenfell and all over!

Might be that naughty people in Vvardenfell, the rest of Morrowind, the Empire and Beyond will want to sabotage this project in its infancy, but we are not worried, why?

Actchurly, it looks like the Nerevarine will be tasked with makin' it all possible - hmmm the poor so and so, will he never get any rest? And before he trundles off to Akavir the landlords will likely offer him a special and very secret quest request...

ps a couple more books are up in the edit finished thread in Lit Dev - :]
raggidman, I have no idea what you talkin about...

and as for University of Silgrad and grants and research.... that's like Oxford University in Britain sending scientists to Ohio in 1710... its like a frontier place.... I really not sure about what you have planned....
and I don't like to say it but from what I can understand, I'm not gonna like it, unless it is explained
Try these linkies: the University of Silgrad and the Cerro Vampire Clan

Ohio - ???? So Ohio had a University System 600 years ago and a thousands or so years of history before that???? Confusedlap: wake up, this is the dean speaking - no sleeping in class - that's fightin' talk by the way Wink And it is happening in TES3 - a bit before your time hai know, old son, but thems the breaks. Us Indoril is sophistimocatered. :yes:

Private thinkies: 'Hmmmm... wonder if the Perfessor is still workin for the University, or maybe he has found another job and other friends?' Ere, wait a minute, how dare you eavesdrop on my private thinkies?

and read this waterlogged and tattered page from a diary that has washed up from a shipwreck off the coast of the Western Mainland of Morrowind

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You Imperials think that you are the center of the world, but we of Ashlanders and the Great Houses know that our history, full as it is with hardship and trials, is rich and varied. Morrowind was founded by the people of Veloth fleeing injustice and tyrrany, and we feel no shame in our culture. You shall see in the years to come that we are not to be so easily put down or dismissed.

Why, if you ever bother to visit any City in Morrowind, even in the corrupt Hlaalu City Balmora, the very people on the streets will tell you that the poorest benefit from the Temple's University system... it is ancient and revered. Everone knows this.

But times are hard, and the Temple is in turmoil. We, the Last Sages of Indoril are afraid, for we see our traditional lands being subsumed by the Greedy Hlaalu and the Rapacious Dres, while the Ghost Fence weakens, the creatures of the blight and worse pour forth to devastate Vvardenfell as the Tribunal disappear or fall one by one.

We have tried to awaken the people of our Great House to their danger, but they have their own concerns, they turn from us, they scoff, they deny what happens before their very eyes, and so we have taken it upon ourselves to outfit a ship and quest to establish a new center of learning to preserve that which is best in our culture. By this means in times to come, there may be some place of refuge, where our beloved people fleeing oppression, may find safety learning and something familiar.

It is our thought that of all the other Great Houses, it is to Redoran that we might most naturally turn in this our hour of need. They have the same enemies, are loyal to the Temple and together we may find common cause.

May the Saints and Ancestors bless our endeavor,
Naimer Indoril,
Scholar
huh... this clears a few things up I guess... I will have to look into it more... doesn't sound great for an increasingly belligerent and desperate Vvardenfell Redoran to embrace a time of learning and cultivation of old culture... :lmao: