Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Use of The Common Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Common Room with its current use is not 'Discussions about the affiliated projects not tied to a specific mod' any more it is more like 'All things TES who is not tied to a specific mod or things between mods'.. The same also is quite known at The Tavern

The reason is quite simple really... and not to hard to sort out if wanting the change... A General TES forum. This is because the Raven strictly say nothing about TES is allowed.. We have a General ES Modding as we mostly is a modding community, but no general TES Forum is supplied.

Since this is the only 'general' where normal TES is allowed, this is now more of a 'All things TES who is not tied to a specific mod or things between mods' forum.

I doubt its seen as a problem, but I still don't like it... I'm unaware if its possible to ask the Officers Lounge to take it up, but so I do...
I'm really confused with the problem you are having here Krisi. This is the place to discuss everything about our TES4 mods, but not linked directly to any of them. And that seems exactly like what is happening.

So whats the problem?
'Discussions about the affiliated projects not tied to a specific mod'

I should probaly had it bold at the begining.. much here is linked to them at all..
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
'Discussions about the affiliated projects not tied to a specific mod'

I should probably had it bold at the begining.. much here is linked to them at all..

Thats pretty much what I said . . .
'All things TES who is not tied to a specific mod or things between mods' is more what it is..
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
'All things TES who is not tied to a specific mod or things between mods' is more what it is..

So far I have only seen things discussed that help and/or involve the BC mods in some way.
ah, I've seen more.. Wink even without that I still want some General TES forum..
Must admit I thought that the Common Room was intended to be about stuff that more than one mod has in common, in the sense of co-ordinating things between mods, so I can understand Krisi's concern.

Hows about a: Tavern of Nirn Forum

We have already seriously burst the bounds of Tamriel, and that way ST is included too, which is more fun.
Uh guys...

Scroll down: General ES modding.
Hopefully we're all here on this forum to work on our mods Smile so I don't think there's much demand for more boards where discussions aren't focused on developing those mods.

The description of "The Tavern" is overly succinct. It's always been a catch-all type of board for a hodgepod of TES threads, home to 'hello', 'I'm on vacation', 'news & rumors', 'cool secrets in the game', and stuff like that - same like it is now. It's just that in the past we were the only mod here, so what constituted catch-all was different then that it is now.

Back then if someone posted a recruitment thread here we moved it to the archive or one of the hidden boards. However, when we started hosting websites there came a demand from those hosted sites to post information and stuff about their work, so we started a "General ES Modding" board. Since then it also doubles as the default place we move recruitment threads from third-party mods. Feels nicer than deleting them. It's a board that belongs to everyone and no-one at the same time, and at least as far as I'm concerned I don't mind what gets posted there at all. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of it as ST's trashcan.
Pages: 1 2