Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bug report for internal version 1.4 and later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
one more i forgot to mention....when i try to load this new plugin with the complete silgrad and my 2 ususal mods(better bobies 2.2 and beryls head replacer) it takes no shorter than around 10-15 miutes to completetly load in the CS only.it gets all the way to it saying loading files...done! on the bottom and stays that way for a very very long time. thanks
another c-t-d while doing the new road to silgrad...in gnarr mok jsut off the new dock 2 guards were fighting some enemy's and i started to run to them(to kill them) and the game c-t-d no info from it either :/

also i killed a hlaalu sharpshooter and as he fell he looked like he turend into a skeleton and when whent to loot him all his stuff(exept weapons and ammo) were all missing icons but saying NOT FOR PLAYER USE is this the way its supposed to be?thanks
ashlander: When you're modding for our plugin you shouldn't load anything in the CS other than morrowind, tribunal, bloodmoon and silgrad's main esp. The exception is when your intention is to merge two plugins (importing an armor set from the net into your WIP, for example), but if you do that you can't have silgrad's main esp loaded as it'd get saved with the two plugins.

I didn't experience the CTD you describe when I playtested, but it sounds to me that it's the speed of the Deathdealer pirate that's causing problems. When the CTD occured the pirate is scripted to increase his SPD to 225 or thereabouts. Could you do us a favor? Could you edit silgrad's main esp, and lower the speed setting specified in the script on the deathdealer pirate, then playtest it (coc "Gnaar Mok" in the console gets you there fast) and see if it still CTDs? As I don't experience the CTD I can't test myself. I have noticed strange things with the pirate myself though. Sometimes he turns into a sillhouette that is both black and transparant, and it looks very bizarre. It works for me 95% of the time though.

The inventory experience shouldn't be possible, so I wonder what's happening there? Very strange. The items lack icons because the player is never meant to see or be able to use them. When you click their corpses, nothing should happen. Worked (for me) when I tested it before I submitted the plugin, so I'm stumped as to what the reason could be.

Quentin: There's a road in Jarnhald (-29,3) which goes straight out into nothingness. I've attached a screenshot, though it's very easy to spot.
Well I've tried it again and no ctd but when I travel over to the mainland and get onto the skiff that takes me to land both me and the npc fall through the boat and i have no where to go...also I get mauled by up to 20 slaughterfish when i try to swim off that little island. any help would be great. also are the guards supposed to turn into skeltons like that?

All I did was hit space on their corpses (just looting them).
ashlander: Do you mean the skiff with you, the deathdealer guy, and the boatman that's moored outside Gnaar Mok? Or the skiff below the ship after you've arrived near Latrys? Because the second one isn't supposed to be animated. I playtested the skiff outside Gnaar Mok probably a dozen times and it always worked for me. Not saying you did anything wrong, it'd just puzzle me on how it could be fixed if it works on my machine, as I couldn't test if the fix worked or not.

Yes, the waters are quite dangerous, hehe :chaos:

They're meant to turn into skeletons. Took a lot of scripting to pull off the effect of that guy's flesheating dual sword.
ok sounds good

the second one Smile
after i talk to the guy in gnarr mok about going to mainland...then i get on teh big pirate boat,talk with the captain he travels me over onto the silgrad island... i then hop off the boat onto the skiff with a guy on it(sorry cant rember name), he talks about his had in "little secret". the boat starts to move towrds land and when it nears it both he and i fall off it (by going through the bottom of it) and the skiff then goes under the hil.
l ill do it again and post some screens tonight.
also do there have to be that many sluahgterfish? it seems like overkill x1000
ashlander: Wow :pop: I left the script in there, but I didn't think it worked. The second skiff didn't move during my playtests. The effect you're experiencing is caused by the game forgetting about the static, that's why most move scripts that operate over long distances uses a system of enabling-disabling statics to refresh the game's memory, so to speak.

I don't remember the script off the top of my head, but the solution is easy; either shorten the # of seconds the script is active, or decrease the speed. That way the skiff stops moving before the game forgets it, and before the player starts falling through the bottom. Either works though the latter is slightly safer. Moving faster than 50 tends to cause problems unless you lock the player controls and give the player a permanent slowfall spell... but if you lock and give the spell, like I do here and there, you can achieve great speeds.

Then afterwards I can make a little mod to add a rudimentary docks to the island, so the player can walk ashore.

I'll leave it up to Quentin if he wants to take out a slaughterfish or two from the cell, though personally I didn't experience any problems with my lvl 6 character. I ran as far as I could on the skiff, made a long jump, then swam for a few seconds and usually I avoided the fish altogether. Might be more difficult if the boat is moving, though.
As far as I can tell, the attached screenshot shows the only way into "Silgrad Barracks, Storage Rooms". The interior doesn't serve a purpose and isn't worth keeping, so I'd like to suggest it be removed.
There are a slew of shields jumbled up behind a staircase in "Silgrad Tower, Silvanis' Imperial Shieldshop".
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There are a slew of shields jumbled up behind a staircase in "Silgrad Tower, Silvanis' Imperial Shieldshop".

I'm not 100% sure (99.9% though) but this isn't a bug, but a very clever way to add stuff to sell for the trader without a chance for the player to steal the goods.

So ... this is no bug. Big Grin

Greetings

Quentin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15