Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Blue crystal skull... thingy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep! I finished it.

Sort of.

I can't figure out why light in the cell doesn't affect it...

But, here are the NIF and texture.

Not very high-quality, I know.

Edit: Just occured to me I didn't make a normal map.... oooops.

Edit Twooo: I think I kind of got the normal map working more or less... Tell me what you think. (NEW FILE-- if you downloaded the other one I had up, delete it. Clean out the insides of your computer with bleach. Quickly!)

It should be noted, that, I do not have any fricking idea what I'm doing with all this normal map nonsense.

... Big Grin
Thanks DarkEclipse, but can you make a higher resolution texture?
It's showing the pixels and there is a very visible seem on the back of the skull Confusedhrug:
The color of the skull is perfect :goodjob:

Does anyone know how to make it look like real crystal or glass?
Giving the texture an alpha channel will make in transparent. The darker the alpha channel (black and white spectrum) the more transparent.

Giving an alpha channel to the normal map affects it's shininess. The darker the alpha channel the less shiny it will be.

Hard to explain in writing. Would you like me to take the textures and make an example so you can see what I'm referring to?
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Thanks DarkEclipse, but can you make a higher resolution texture?
It's showing the pixels and there is a very visible seem on the back of the skull Confusedhrug:
The color of the skull is perfect :goodjob:

Does anyone know how to make it look like real crystal or glass?

Sure, I can fix the resolution.

I noticed the seam on the back and tried to fix it before.... I'll have to try again.

ra: Please, go ahead. You lost me at about the first time you said "alpha".
What photo program do you use DarkEclipse? I use photoshop and was going to do a quick tutorial for ya, but if you use a different program, it wouldn't really help you much.
I use Paintshop Pro 7 by Jasc Software.
Okay, I redid the textures and made a new nif to support the opacity (see-thru). I'm not at home so I can test it. You'll have to change the texture location in the nif to whatever folder you use for textures. You'll be able to notice the opacity in the construction set, but I think the shine will have to be tested in game. Let me know how it looks. It might need to be more see-thru and or shiny.

Skull
=O

You win.

Edit: Oh, by the way, nice to meet you Ra. Big Grin
It looks nice, thanks guys :goodjob:
I wasn't competing with you DarkEclipse, I just happen to mess with alpha channels a lot. And nice to meet you DarkEclipse. I have no idea how painthsop pro works otherwise I'd show you how to mess with the alphas.

Did the skull shine? (I still haven't been able to test it)
Pages: 1 2