Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Problem Merging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'll get straight to the point, I recieved an update for Valenwood Heightmap, and I wanted to merge it to the ESM, things were going as normal And it gets to the Wrting Valenwood.ESM part, and then an error shows up: Out of memory: Java heap Space

What do I do?

-FLESH
What was the size of the file?
The ESP is 23 megs.
What about the ESM? Pro found out that Java does have its own memory limits, so you need to be careful with the size of your files. After you are done with setting up the preliminary heightmap, export it then re-import it into a new ESM, this might help with the size.

As for that current merging problem, also, how much RAM do you have?
The ESM is only 6 megs Tongue I have 1 gig of RAM. If there is a solution please list the steps in detail =)
It should work. I have 1 GB of RAM too, and I've merged larger files than that to a master (at least I believe it was around 20 MB). Maybe you could try seperating the data in the file into two seperate ESP's? Then merge?
How can I separate (I was thinking of doing that, but I want to do it the right way rather than some way I pieced together with shody glue).
I've only tried this once, and it didn't go too well, at least not with ID's and stuff. It depends on circumstances I suppose. So here is my very simple way of doing this:

Duplicate the file,

Delete half the data tabs on one of them. Be careful that they don't rely on one another, some you'll need to keep. You'll want to keep in mind the order of appearance and the different types of groups. For land, I'd suggest simply deleting half the LAND and CELL tabs, but keep the WRLD and TES4, etc... tabs intact, as they are all part of the same group. I guess it is rather complicated, but I hope you know what I mean, and hopefully it'll work. Big Grin
:eek: Theres never an easy way Sad Ok, I will try.
Execute the merging program on the command line using the -Xms and -Xmx options e.g.

1) java -Xms(Minimum Memory) -Xmx(Maximum Memory) Program
2) java -Xms50m -Xmx100m MergerProgram
Pages: 1 2