Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: My misc models.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I made this so i can post the models i make, since i wana get good enough to help out this project more i thought id post pics, and files if need be, and you guys can give me pointers or whatever. Oh and also if someone wants to use a model that i make and use it in any of the projects on this forum then just let me know. I cannot skin worth a dam though so i wont be able to do that as of yet.

First model.

Random sword I made, i couldnt think of what to do with handel so i just made the blade, it is incomplete.
Pretty sweet, it loooks ok with that handle though, maybe just add a few spikes to the Hilt though
Here is the new handle i made. It has a blade going down the thing on it, kinda for decoration.
sweet
Big Grin

When i unwrap it into the uv map area, i can do that fine, but whenever i bring skins into it by opening the skin and placeing the faces in the right area, it becomes realy low res, i mean like its worse texture then in morrowind.

Is there a way to make it so i can like do the blade in its own layout, then the handel in the other layout, and the hilt on another?
Is there just a certain size i should make the skin image in photoshop?
Looking DP, how did you do with nifscope, were you able to import and scale it correctly?
Whats looking dp? aha.

Umm it didnt work out, i tried last night, i was in rush so i prob made a small mistake.

Ill try with this sword though, once i get a texture that is.
Quote:Originally posted by demonpower20
Whats looking dp? aha.

Umm it didn't work out, I tried last night, I was in rush so I prob made a small mistake.

Ill try with this sword though, once I get a texture that is.

Oops, I meant looking GOOD Dp lol

(to many beers tonight) hehe
haha its np . Big Grin

I tried getting it into game, but i get messed up in nifskope. Oh well.

here is a download for the .nif file of the weapon. If anyone wants to make changes to it feel free, or skin it or whatever.
I cant realy do anything elce with it besides just make it look better.

If someone wants to make a nice skin for it i wouldnt mind that as well :bananarock:
The mesh looks pretty good Smile

If I had been able to create textures, and if it had been my model, I would probably have opted for just making a side-view texture of the whole sword and then planar-mapping it on top. I.e., taking a screenshot of the mesh while looking at it sideways, pasting that into Photoshop or somesuch program, and creating the texture inside the render of the mesh.

If you happen to have Reich Parkeep then you could check out the model Meshes\ST\WpnStaticKilgorin.nif and its texture textures\ST\WeaponKilgorin.dds, which uses that exact technique. As long as the sword mesh isn't too 'fat' then mapping it that way should work.
Pages: 1 2 3