Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Journeying from Cyrodiil to our cities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got to thinking that it would be a good idea if the player could board a ship to journey to our cities in the next release, solving once and for all the *cough* silly portal I slapped up way back in the early days. Ultimately it'd be cool if the player could walk right into our landmass, but that wouldn't mean we'd rip out a logical travel route like I'm suggesting - it should stick around as a convenient way of accessing our lands.

The reason I thought of a ship transport is because all our cities have waterway access in one way or the other. Steadhelm lies on the coast, while Silgrad and Ebbedin is on opposite ends of Ashunor. (going by the old map) Reich Parkeep has a river, which could perhaps flow to connect to Ebbedin's delta.

If someone were to start working on it right now then the transport could only be to Reich Parkeep, but once the setup is in place I think it'd be rather easy (by comparison) to have it connect to the other cities as well once "Silgrad Tower v1" is released.

What do you guys think?
Sounds like a good idea to me. The portal is a little silly at this point.
Could have it so that a meeting is organized between a mage and the player, to have transportation. I've been thinking a while about how we might get a possible main quest to tie in to it as well. I was thinking a nice place to travel from would be Hero Hill. Sort of inspired by a video of how you can supposedly get to Morrowind on the Xbox 360. Hero Hill not only has a nice ring to it, but sort of has that "Hero to be born" sort of feel to it. Smile
No silt striders? Awwww... that's what I would have liked to see. I can imagine a dunmer who journies to Cyrodiil in search of his lost silt strider that ran off and if you find it you get free passage to Morrowind. Silt striders also might attract more people to see one of the greatest symbols of Morrowind brought back.
Yeah, I vote for the Silt Striders too Smile
if you make a ship dont put it in anvil (a freindly note of conflict errors with many mods)

oh, and siltstriders FTW!~
Silt striders are a good idea.
Perhaps you should make a new ingame map for the region of Silgrad tower, which could traveling make easier.
Silt Striders would be better, but a ship is ok.
Excuse the dose of reality, but isn't the region of silgrad we modded bordered entirely by mountains? Unless you're telling me that siltstriders can suddenly FLY, it isn't really feasable that they'd be able to travel over the mountains. Plus, siltstriders are just out of place in cyrodiil... I think a ship is definitely a reasonable way.

Another way could be to have a small mountain town on the border of cyrodiil and morrowind. It will have to be a closed city, and when you exit one gate you go to morrowind, when you exit from the other, cyrodiil. Solves the problem of walking through the mountains, and even provides a nice town where you can blend morrowind and oblivion if so inclinded, and introduce the player through dialogue to morrowind. Just have some guy at a tavern that you can ask about morrowind - much like the present guy at the shack, just a bit more explainable.