Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: location idea - the Hundred Cities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have not come up witha name yet , but here isthe basic idea :

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous in ruins of elsweyr
The sands of elsweyr are said to have buried thousands of civilazations.
My idea is that troughout an extreme amout of luck , on the same place , since near the begining of time there was , at one place , build a outpost/temple /... , this place gets fogotten and a few years later , when this place is buried under the sand , anoher temple /outpost /.... is build ontop of it . This repeating itself for many era's . Now , the wind has blown the sand away , making visible thye last outpost/temple/... that was buld . You can enter this temple and slowly descend deeper into the ground , showing you buildings from the very biggining f time . My post may be not to very easy to read .
:alert: eheh, I have been thinking about the theme of hundreds of cities built one on top of the other, but never really considered that might be done to any extent - that's brilliant kingevil. :alert: :goodjob:
Blush I'm really brilliant ? Thank you !
So when are you going to start designing the hundreds of different interiors? :innocentxpression.gif:
You can probably use retextured ayleid parts.
If you need a hand, I can re-texture.
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
So when are you going to start designing the hundreds of different interiors? :innocentxpression.gif:

I wasn't planning on doing it all by myself . My idea wasto do a part myself and also set claims up . For example : I do the first layer of civilisation and the natural cave conecting it with civilisation 2 . I put civilisation 2 + connectioup for claims . Ecetra .
My location still needs a name. Any suggestions ? Also , if possible , could there be opened a claims subforum for this ?
Been discussing how to go about making location/s show their best, and this is one suggestion that came up:

Quote:Thinking that this might be a how to

I suspect that what I am aiming at is required History and Quest Data for social and quest interlinking. If we make such stuff generally available then all our people can have fun working their own intuitions and inspirations into their designs as part of the overall society we are presenting, and it will have a less wooden feel to it ...

- maps and screenies of the burgh and locations carefully named so that we all know what we are dealing with.
- tiny rollover pics of interiors with residents + 1 or 2 word titles + link to expanded history of resident and location to include:
faction- major and minor
family - major and minor
events - major and minor
current business / worries - major and minor
connected people - major and minor

- a list of the factions there
- a list of residents to date with screenies
- any relevant history with quotes
- add in ideas that have been put forward that relate to

Now your concept is at the earliest stage. And to work will need a lot of people to get interested.

To get more people interested you need Concept Art and some kind of history.

I will bring your idea to the attention of the core tonight.
Here is an idea that i came up whit that is patailly related to this : A archeologist factiontrying to discover more information on the ancient civilisations of elsweyr . You can join them and help them discover new dungeons . This dungeon will be one of their main projects . And you will see a camp at the entrance , people digging , and on the first 2-3 floors you will see people transelating texts , searching for artefacts ,... There should be plenty of quests reltaed to this faction in this giant dungeon : Find artefact X at floor X , Take a transelator to a wall filled whit written spells , and protect him from waves of monsters whil he trancelates the texts ...
Check out the Salvagers thread and see if they will suffice, I am particularly liing this idea as it can develop independant of the landmass.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5