Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Fungi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
One of my many hobbies is collecting or photograhing fungi. I know most people kick them over when they see them, but if you actually get out and look its amazing what you find. Anyhow I thought I'd share my hobby with you guys. This photo is of some Hygrocybe sp. growing on a tree trunk near Punakaiki, New Zealand. One of my colleagues took this photo when we attended the 20th annual Fungal Foray run by the Fungal Network of New Zealand. Hygrocybe are small wood decaying fungi that come in many colours. The coin is for scale.

Post any fungi pictures you guys have.
Then the questions is, what is the size of the coin Wink
The NZ 1$ coin is just larger than 1 cm across. I don't have one on me to measure...
Hmm I got some photo's of the Tjech woods, but I don't think there's any intresting Fungi on it.
The closest I ever got to anything like that is scanning a parsley leaf, which went on to become the texture for a plant in our mod. While I've never photographed mushrooms myself I have used a photography of a mushroom - for the texture of the proria mushroom.
Thats awesome Razorwing! Heres an unidentified Russula that we found south of Westport NZ. The whole mushroom was about 5cm high.
aaaaargh - there was a pic in today's Metro of a huge Italian Truffle that just orctioned Smile in Japan for over ?100,000 - I shoulda saved it for you jkj - my bad.

That tiny pic has some great tex for the jungle down south!
I freaked out few epople 2 days ago by telling them that the goombas from Mario should be boletes... that's about my day close to fungi Big Grin
hehe, I have 400Mb of photos from this years Fungal Foray, let's see what i find next April! We can use them as textures if you'd like, I can draw a few pics for the Botany Book in the next few days

Anyway hers an Entoloma hochstetteri that we found at the Oparara Arches, where Peter Jackson filmed Lord of the Rings Moria Gates. Note the striations on the stipe, Read my On the study of Fungi book in lit dev to understand a bit more
In NZ there is meant to still be about 400+ undocumented fungi left, if I'm not mistaken.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9