Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corruption in the Silgrad Tower Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, before you go crazy: I mean within the mod, NOT within the team Smile

So, except for the skooma and nasty villains, how just how corrupted the the silgrad main land? How's the government? does it serve it's duty well? do the towns co?perate in peaceful ways? aren't there large underground gangs (not in the kedal way, but more in the maffia way)?

I think it's a thing that really needs thinking, and if the thinking is done, try implementing some of these if time permits. Why not overheuling the bandits and make them part of a huge criminal system so there ARE fearsome?

ideas?
Well now that we're here could someone also give me a detailed response on what Silgrad Tower even is? after you answer Nerbods question though of course,i dont highjack threads Wink , im planning on downloading it since i've been into Morrowind for a few months again now.

Thanks! Big Grin
nerbod: Those are some really good questions. Crime is probably fairly high outside the cities, if for nothing else than because it offers entertainment to the player. Thieves' dens should probably be here and there, smuggler caves along the coast, and maybe a (dunmer) stronghold or two home to local warlords. Whether those locations will be more than stand-alone adventures for the player is an open question. But as for Reich Parkeep/Soluthis I don't see there being corruption on any larger scale, but individual guards could certainly be made out to be corrupted if a quest needs them to be.

There's some tension between Soluthis and Silgrad in our backstory, because Silgrad used to be under House Redoran's control as well, and they'd like to reclaim it for sure. But I think that idea took a step back once we learned about the Nord-Redoran conflict Bethesda came up with, and that's the conflict I'm planning to pursure myself. Once the town exterior is completed I'll get back to working on the Ancient Gate and Areya's Manor (the huge crab-like building on the west side of town). Both locations will be used for the first adventure in the mini-main quest I have planned that deals with the conflict with the Nords.

Shadow: Perhaps this article can answer your question: Silgrad Tower
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
nerbod: Those are some really good questions. Crime is probably fairly high outside the cities, if for nothing else than because it offers entertainment to the player. Thieves' dens should probably be here and there, smuggler caves along the coast, and maybe a (dunmer) stronghold or two home to local warlords. Whether those locations will be more than stand-alone adventures for the player is an open question. But as for Reich Parkeep/Soluthis I don't see there being corruption on any larger scale, but individual guards could certainly be made out to be corrupted if a quest needs them to be.

There's some tension between Soluthis and Silgrad in our backstory, because Silgrad used to be under House Redoran's control as well, and they'd like to reclaim it for sure. But I think that idea took a step back once we learned about the Nord-Redoran conflict Bethesda came up with, and that's the conflict I'm planning to pursure myself. Once the town exterior is completed I'll get back to working on the Ancient Gate and Areya's Manor (the huge crab-like building on the west side of town). Both locations will be used for the first adventure in the mini-main quest I have planned that deals with the conflict with the Nords.

Shadow: Perhaps this article can answer your question: Silgrad Tower

Thanks now i know some lore about Silgrad Tower/City i guess,but i meant what does the mod do in the game itself,thanks though! Smile
Wait a minute, the Thieves Guild and their competitors the Cammona Tong are fundamentally corrupt by trade, plus the independant smugglers and the Hlaalu are by choice - consider the skills that the Hlaalu prefer?

The Slavers must be very wealthy - and if it is now harder to sell smuggled slaves, what will the do to replace that. Surely no one is suggesting that they will just retire? "Oh dear, that pansy helseth says slavery is illegal, so I will just go home and cut the grass and plant some daisies in the garden." nah, the truth is that if the slavers cannot find a new business - like muscelling in on th eskooma trade, they will seek to kill Helseth Confusedhrug: + support for organisations and Houses opposed to him.

Also there is still the question of who the invading Nords are, and why they are invading - what if Helseth encouraged them to invade the northern terrotories because that would weaken the Redoran further?

Add to that Deadra worshipers, etc ... Wink

I suspect that this is a topic that Razorwing is just too honorable and honest to fully appreciate ... Tongue