Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0113 "Milama Sathendas's House"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: SoluthisClaimsMapsArea01_575.jpg]

[blockquote]"Valley of St. Seryn" lies beautifully secluded between the mountain and the North Imperial District. It's possible to get here from the Temple's courtyard in the east, but that road is almost never used by locals whom prefer to come from the west, through Venim's Hold. The valley got its name from the famous Dunmer saint Seryn the Merciful, patron of brewers, bakers, and distillers.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 05
Model Nickname: Oval Home
Northmarker Rotation: 45
Neighbourhood: Valley of St. Seryn

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
- Confused about claim codes used in this thread?
Hello. I'm interested in ovals/houses and would like to claim this.
Quote:Originally posted by Nakanja
Hello. I'm interested in ovals/houses and would like to claim this.

That's fine. Smile

If you need more info about modding check this link.
Alrighty then; thank you. Smile

Edit: Okay, an update:

I've got a building done, an NPC that seems to be behaving with some basic AI, but what's getting me stumped is these unlcean cell entries.

I've got references to some cells in Cyrodiil, like guilds in Bruma and Chorrol, that I'm pretty certain I never messed with (since I've been using the two-editors thing). I tried following the advice in your mod cleaning tutorial, but even after removing them in TES4 PU and TESsnip they came back next time I loaded it in the CS.

(If this were Morrowind I'd think something like that would be caused by editing something from the original game that all those cells share, but I've got no edited items besides the StNk ones that I created, so I dunno.)

Aside from that issue, it's ready to be submitted for reviewing.
Thanks for your update. Smile

Our esm has a few traces of contaminations (left screenshot) that show up in every esp. In the past, very unclean files were merged, these should have been rejected. It's on my to do list (cleaning).
The policy for very unclean files: No merging.

You ignored these entries in your file (right screenshot) which is excellent. Conclusion: Your file is clean. :yes:
By ignoring the files (as you did) they won't be merged to the esm again.

I'll update the cleaning tutorial.
Thanks for reminding me.

EDIT
For the review, I'll reply later today.

sandor has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-7042.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-7043.jpg]
Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

If you create a new interior try to position the first piece of the tileset at X,Y,Z = 0, 0, 0. Use snap to grid (32-64) and snap to angle to create a basement etc. from a tileset.

Is there enough clutter?
In the lower right part of CS screen you'll see the faces (face count).
For your interior it's 110669. It should be around the 100k upto 150k for an interior of this size. This is important to keep the fps acceptable.

Packages.
Add a wander package type: Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

Edit your dialogue through the quest window an not through the dialogue window (creates unclean dialogue).

The Groundfloor.

StBook3RareIusAnimalGod, F, S (total 3 books)
StRwMiscComBottle05, B, S

Pathgrid.
No remarks.

NPC.
Check "no rumors".

AI.

Add a aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024 package (or a similar one, time and duration any) as the last package. When there is no other package active the NPC will start to wander.

Dialogue.
No remarks.

General Remarks.

I like the way you decorated the interior. :yes:

As this is your first reviewed interior, I listed everything I saw. In order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior. As you saw there are no problems (only a few very minor things). In the attached file, these have been fixed.

The interior is ready and will be merged.

It was a pleasure to review this interior.
It seems you have modded before. Very well done. :goodjob:

Would you be willing to claim another Soluthis interior?
It would be much appreciated. Smile

EDIT
I attached a second file compatible with the ST esm v1.64 (coming soon). In this file I fixed the DunmerFurnPoorStool (causing errors) because Razorwing changed the design of the stool. This version will be merged and isn't compatible with the v1.63 ST esm. The bleeding bottles in the table have been fixed.

[attachment=7047]StNkSoluthis1106.esp[/attachment]
[attachment=7049]StNkSoluthis1106V1.64ESMChairFixV1.esp[/attachment]

sandor has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-7045.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-7046.jpg]
Cool; thank you for the detailed review. I have done some modding before (I made a few interiors and dungeons for the Silgrad Tower Morrowind version) but I'm mostly new to the Oblivion editor. This was my first time doing dialogue and AI.

I was thinking about doing another; I'll make another claim if I come up with an idea for one.