Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0119 "Dorra Verendas' House"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: SoluthisClaimsMapsArea01_575.jpg]

[blockquote]"Valley of St. Seryn" lies beautifully secluded between the mountain and the North Imperial District. It's possible to get here from the Temple's courtyard in the east, but that road is almost never used by locals whom prefer to come from the west, through Venim's Hold. The valley got its name from the famous Dunmer saint Seryn the Merciful, patron of brewers, bakers, and distillers.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 03
Model Nickname: Hole
Northmarker Rotation: 28.6477
Neighbourhood: Valley of St. Seryn

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
- Confused about claim codes used in this thread?
Hello,
May I stake this claim?
I wish to put an old widowed Dunmer woman somewhere. Her husband possibly might have been a former Imperial Legion Forrester with exotic tastes and an unfortunate flair for adventure. She lives off the money from selling her husband's spoils (I won't put too much crazy stuff in here, I promise). I might tie this into a dungeon if I get a claim for one, by adding the unfortunate adventurer in cadaver form.
Thank you.
I do this at silgrad city. But I will go out on a thick limb in here and say it's yours. Just post your results and Razorwing, Sandor or TheImperialDragon will take it from there. Happy modding and all that good stuff Smile.
Go right ahead earendil Smile

Could you mod the house first and dungeon second? I.e. mod this house as an interior that stands on it's own. Once it's finished you could get started on modding the dungeon and the quest that would go with it. That way if for any reason you can't complete the dungeon this shop would still work without any problem resulting from the missing quest.

Also once you start on the dungeon please just go ahead and do so without modding it for any specific claim because I don't know if there are that many open dungeon claims around Soluthis right now. When the dungeon nears completion there won't be any problems setting up a suitable entrance to it in SilgradTowerLand (the outside world). If you want to you can scout for a nice spot for an entrance on your own, but if not then I would be happy to. Smile
sure, thank you. Smile
Here is my first draft. How does it look?
I had a quick glance and it looks very nice. Smile

I'll post my comments and remarks asap.
Abbreviations

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette (chairs etc.) / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust / Disp. = Disposition

General info.

Miscellaneous.
[blockquote]
Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA.

Furniture is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

Keep in mind that smaller objects near larger objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire and it's more realistic (fire damage).

Add an activator StRwActMusicForReichParkeep (under the interior, only for Soluthis).

AI.
  • Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

• For the location: Don't use "in cell", it can produce unexpected behavior.

• Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

• Add a wander package type: Time and duration any and none. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Packages are executed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

If a package has a time and a duration of any and none, it will be executed when there are no other packages active (with a higher priority). That's why these have to be last in the list. The NPC will wander when there are no other packages defined/active.
[/blockquote]

Improving your interior.
[blockquote]
Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels (or cups etc.), in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better.

It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC. It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.[/blockquote]

blue[/HR]

Review.

The Ground-floor.

StRwMiscRedoranBlanket01, B
StFurnDunPoorTable05, B, S
StBook1ReligiousSaryonisSermons, B into the chest
STZFPainting01a, Re
For the bed press "F" once.

Pathgrid.

Readjust the PG.
Make sure the th's touch the sh's of the furniture.

This th is correctly placed.
This th is bleeding into the furniture.

Don't place a th on the stairs (the NPC will stand still for a long time).

Place the NPC('s) on a th.

AI.

Add a default wander package (last in the list, near editor location) and delete your 'STEDSolDorraVerendasGoHome' (see above, general info) plus the X-marker. After the exterior package ends, there are no other packages active (time and duration defined). The "aaawander" pack will force the NPC to return to her home.

Make sure the packages are chronological.

STEDSolDorraVerendasWander select "unlock doors" at package end.
STEDSolDorraVerendasSleep uncheck "lock doors" when at location (unnecessary).

NPC

Use the StSrGenDialsForSTInnocent faction instead of the custom faction you made (saves a Form ID).

Or is there a special reason for that?

Dialogue.

Set the priority to 6.

General Remarks.
  • It not necessary to add Ref. Editor ID's to chairs (you may).

• You could adjust the lighting through the cell settings as well.

• Replace the LC furniture with ST Dunmer furniture etc.

• Add a few windows to the interior and to the exterior building as well (matching with the interior).

• Add a few more (10) ST (Dunmer etc.) items, you'll find these under MiscItem>>ST.

• Use an activator flamenode (general info).

• Rename your esm to "Silgrad_Tower.esm" and use the attached file to continue with your modding.

• Add an activator StRwActMusicForReichParkeep (under the interior, only for Soluthis).

• Rotate the cups on the shelf.

• As this is your first reviewed interior, I listed everything I saw, in order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior.

• She doesn't sell anything, is that intentional?

This is your first interior for ST, I must say well done. :goodjob:
No floating and only a few minor problems! Smile
She sustains herself by selling the treasures her husband acquired over the years. 2 chests have some minor treasures to acquire she hasn't hawked for money yet.

I added some more items (not too many since i figured she got rid of some of her stuff to earn money, but i can fill in the corners if you like), changed the dresser and food cupboard, fire (i added a nodeless flame light to give off light), changed the AI a bit and the pathgrid.
I hope I got everything.

Back story: long ago, she settled in Cirodiil and married an Imperial Legion guard. He had a "thing" for foreign things and people, so when he retired they moved to Soluthis to be near her family, near enough at least. He took up adventuring as a career and would go out and about for months at a time exploring, though rather haphazardly. His current expedition unfortunately became his last as he hasn't been seen for over 10 years. She mourns him, and sells the treasures he has collected over the years to merchants in order to thrive.
I eventually would like to claim a dungeon in the Deepen Moor region and place his remains and an heirloom on him as well as a note to his wife. Just something small like a creature/undead to which he stood no real chance, but the player will, of course. Upon making the dungeon, i could add a small quest to return the heirloom for a treasure of his, maybe.

let me get this one good first Smile
Sounds like your doing great earendil. The mod sounds appealing.
Pages: 1 2