Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1202 "Dhryss Plaza Barracks" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 01
Model Nickname: Barracks
Northmarker Rotation: -100.2676
Neighbourhood: Saint Roris' Road

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1202, and then you can get started. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house Big Grin If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

The Dhryss Plaza Barracks will be home to three guards, two working days and one working nights. You'll have to create the guard NPCs and set up the AI behaviour them so that they patrol around the neighbourhood. The neighbourhood is situated in the worldspace SoluthisWorld01, not in SilgradTowerLand. You shouldn't add any AI behaviour to the latter at all in this claim. You can create dialogue for the guards if you like, but you don't have to if you don't want to either. You should on the other hand give them unique names and faces, since our guards aren't as cookie-cutter as Bethesda's and don't respawn either.

The very small room on the upper floor should probably be used for storage, probably food or weapons or bonemold armor. The small room on the bottom floor should probably be sleeping area for the most prominent of the three guards. The big room on the bottom floor should have at least sleeping arrangement (beds etc), a recreation area (tables with food & drink etc), and a training area (StFurnDunPracticeDummy01 + StFurnDunPracticemat).

Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
May I claim this?
Have fun! Smile
Where should the guards patrols in soluthisworld01?
May I add a guard captain who guards the barracks or a guard who guards the road (to Silgrad) just outside Soluthis?
Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Where should the guards patrols in soluthisworld01?
For the patrol route I attached a suggestion.

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
May I add a guard captain who guards the barracks or a guard who guards the road (to Silgrad) just outside Soluthis?
I don't know how Razorwing planned the guard scheme outside SoluthisWorld01, so we have to wait until he returns from his holiday. It sounds logical that the "Dhryss Plaza Barracks" has a guard captain.
Which kind of furniture?
Do you have any suggested time or work sheme?
I think LC would be fine.

Perhaps you could divide the day in 4 blocks of 6 hours.

Two guards patrol for 6 hours and then have some time off. The other two begin with their patrol and after 6 hours the first two start a new round.

In that case you'll only need 4 guards.
I think that each point is going to take an hour so stat means 8 points * 1 hour is 8 hours Unless I'm doing points 1-4 for guard 1 and points 5-8 for guard 2.
I wanted to playtest the new worldspace for a while, so I just finished my tour. Smile
The route I suggested will take 3 game hours to complete (walking), so if the guards have a shift of 6 hours they can patrol the area twice.
I'll be honest: there is no plan for the guard situation in Soluthis. I've been meaning to draw up a full plan for the city guard, in more or less detail, but it's something I've put off during the child worldspace division.

In the meantime I thought solving the guard situation on an individual neighbourhood/child ws basis is a solution that could work, with little or no afterwork needed after such an overall plan was made. Or in other words if the guard situation in Dhryss Plaza was solved then that would solve Dhryss Plaza's part in the overall guard situation. Indeed, maybe solving all the child ws's guard situations in that manner would even be the best way to go because there wouldn't be a huge system that might confuse things, each child ws would have it's own 'microcosmos' of guards that operated independently of the other child ws. I mean the player would never realize that, to him it would feel like the whole city was guarded by a coherent guardforce, we'd just divvy it up on a child ws basis to make it logistically easier to create and manage.

I wouldn't want to say "there should be X number of guards in Dhryss Plaza" because that's something that can't really be decided for certain until a detailed plan and AI behaviour - like you blackbird and you sandor are discussing - is planned and implemented. But I would say that I think less is more, for a couple of reasons. One of the most important ones to me personally is the logical side of it, because you really need to have a substantial number of townsfolk to support the cost of a guard. I think Oblivion pulled that off well, there's a lot fewer guards in an Oblivion city than one might think. At least in my case anyway, I thought there were a lot more of them in, say, Cheydinhal than there really was. Four guards sound like a good number though, especially if that number includes the suggested guard captain. The guard captain can certainly have an office in the barracks, but I think it's a good idea to have him out in the worldspace too.

I'm unsudre about the guard posted outside the gate on the SilgradTowerLand side. Would it instead be possible to modify the patrol route so that the existing guards could fill that capacity? Because it feels like the post would just be a stonethrow away from the patrol route. Then again I don't know if a lot of movement back and forth between our main worldspace and SoluthisWorld01 would put a strain on the AI... if it does, or if we even suspect that it might, then I'm all in favor of having a guy more or less permanently in place there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4